Buying vinyl records online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying vinyl records online?

Got a nice turntable for Christmas. Just starting my vinyl collection, which will someday be absurdly vast. I mostly want new or mint, and I like old school stuff. I have scored a few on Amazon, and I know Ebay is an option, but surely there must be some better sites devoted to this hobby. Help a brotha out!

Frys has a decent selection of brand new vinyl, might go check it out. Unfortunately the demand has dropped to near zilch these days.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Frys has a decent selection of brand new vinyl, might go check it out. Unfortunately the demand has dropped to near zilch these days.
      Cool, I will check them out online.

Comment

Forever Young Records
        2955 South Highway 360
        Grand Prairie, Texas 75052

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          Cool, I will check them out online.
          Best option, shop online and download it!

Comment

Some artists are selling vinyl reissues on their own websites.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              Unfortunately the demand has dropped to near zilch these days.
              Really? Bills & Forever Young seem to do all right. Here in the Tundra, Electric Fetus & Cheapo Records are usually busy.

Comment

Seems like it's making somewhat of a comeback. I noticed a lot of folks getting turntables for Christmas. Honestly, less demand would be good for me. Makes shit cheaper. I don't care much (right now) for new shit on vinyl. I'm interested more in old collectible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Seems like it's making somewhat of a comeback. I noticed a lot of folks getting turntables for Christmas. Honestly, less demand would be good for me. Makes shit cheaper. I don't care much (right now) for new shit on vinyl. I'm interested more in old collectible stuff.
                  Discogs, ebay, josey records, direct from record labels if you can. I like to support my local store but christ, when I can get a record for 10 dollars less ordering direct from the label, that's where my money is going.

Discogs is good for research purposes too. You can also set alerts for certain albums you are looking for.
                  Last edited by Fatass; 12-31-2016, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I've used Acoustic Sounds for years, they have a great selection and offer high end hardware too.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                      I've used Acoustic Sounds for years, they have a great selection and offer high end hardware too.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/
                      I've been using https://www.turntablelab.com/ they run pretty good specials and they have some good turntable and speaker combos. I got a pair of audio engine a5's from them, pretty good speakers.

Comment

I've had good luck with https://www.musicdirect.com/. Their customer service even helped me build my system.

Comment

Garage sales and especially estate sales will be the key. Most families have no clue what they are worth and you can work some deals

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            Garage sales and especially estate sales will be the key. Most families have no clue what they are worth and you can work some deals
                            This.

After looking at forever young's website I don't see how the fuck they are staying in business, they are higher than giraffe pussy.

Comment

Working...
                            X