What's a used muncie worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a used muncie worth?

Neighbor has a few Muncie transmissions in different states of disrepair and was thinking of unloading them. I was gonna help him but he thinks they aren't worth the money to put new synchro's in.

How many and what type?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

i buy basket case 4 speeds. just did a T10 .

Comment

Run the casting numbers and vins on them. Huge difference if it came from a plain car, SS Z28 or otherwise.

Comment

Not sure how many he has but I know he's got a couple along with some saginaws. He was hoping for $700+ for a fresh one but talked to somebody that pretty much told him the only people looking for them are guys doing restorations. He's planning on doing some garage cleaning this weekend, and I plan on giving him a hand. I'll see how many he has.

Comment

Lmk

Comment

I'd be interested in one or parts to put one together. Don't care the VIN or car origins, just a good case and hard parts.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                i buy basket case 4 speeds. just did a T10 .
                I've got 2 super t-10s. One I split the case on, and the other I sheared off some gears.
                Any value there?
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

some . i have more parts than completes . if you split the case there is likely more damage lurking . i've blown some up so bad the only thing worth using was bolts. put a price on them and let me know. i have 2 t10's right now . one is going in my falcon gasser the other i am selling.

Comment

about tree fiddy

Comment

free.99
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

some . i have more parts than completes . if you split the case there is likely more damage lurking . i've blown some up so bad the only thing worth using was bolts. put a price on them and let me know. i have 2 t10's right now . one is going in my falcon gasser the other i am selling.
                        What about a toploader with two case mounting ears broken off? still have the ears so they could be welded back on.
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

when ears break off it means things flexed . bad . just like splitting a case . to me they are parts only and likely the shafts are toast .

Comment

I'll pop the covers off and take a photo or two soon. I don't know why I'm hanging onto them, I'll likely never run another 4 speed, although they were fun.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

when ears break off it means things flexed . bad . just like splitting a case . to me they are parts only and likely the shafts are toast .
                              I've seen people get frustrated with lining up the input shaft to the pilot bushing/bearing, and use the trans to bellhousing bolts to tighten it all down. That's a recipe for snapping those mounting ears off.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X