Refrigerators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerators

What do you have? What do you like about it, pros/cons or problems?

I currently have a Frigidaire gallery that is the biggest pile of shit I’ve ever owned.

We have just a basic Whirlpool side by side with an ice maker in the door. It has led lights inside that slowly turn on after you open the door which is really cool. We've had it for about a year and a half now with no issue to speak of. Our previous fridge was an almost identical unit, we had it for 8 years with no issues, the guy who bought our last house wanted it so we sold it then. We have always had whirlpool stuff with no issues the past 15 years or so.

Comment

My Frigidaire Gallery, has not given me a single issue since I bought it in early 2005. (knock on wood).

Comment

My Lg has been problem free for the past 5 years. My complaints would be a humming sound, stainless, and when an animal dies back by the drip pan it takes hours to clean it out since it won't slide out.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          My Frigidaire Gallery, has not given me a single issue since I bought it in early 2005. (knock on wood).
          We loved our Frigidaire gallery.

Avoid GE like the plague.

Comment

Whirlpool side by side with freezer on bottom. It has basic ice and water in the door. What I like about it:

keeps shit cold; don't have to constantly go to garage as freezer part is big enough to keep items we use often in; doors have deep enough shelves for milk jugs and such.

What I don't like about it: the ice maker is a PITA to empty and add ice to the freezer section (in a tray there for use later); the ice maker sucks for dumping into a cooler; the SS surface seems to always have streaks or swirls no matter which cleaner we use.

The next one I buy will have that drawer section for the fridge part where sandwich meat and stuff goes. That's what is opened the most in ours, so it would be nice not to have to open the doors every time. Knock on wood, we have had good luck with Whirlpool stuff. I bought a used one about 3 years old when we got married in 98. I gave it away in 2010 when we moved and bought the one we have now. Fingers cross this doesn't jinx it.

Comment

I have an old amana

It’s old as fuck (it was old as fuck when we bought our house 15 years ago) and I refuse to buy one until this one breaks.
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                I have an old amana

It’s old as fuck (it was old as fuck when we bought our house 15 years ago) and I refuse to buy one until this one breaks.
                Don’t blame you one bit. I’d love to have something like that.

Comment

Samsung w/ French doors & bottom freezer section.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Samsung w/ French doors & bottom freezer section.
                    Any issues?

Comment

None at all, but it’s only 2 or 3 years old. We replaced all of the GE appliances we had with Samsung and like them all so far.

Comment

We have a samsung side by side. 5 yrs old no problems

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          I've had a Frigidaire gallery, coated stainless steel (fingerprint free). We bought it in Feb 2013, not one single problem. It's the biggest side-by-side and at the time the top of the line model.
                          It has been rock solid (3 moves) and unlike my top of the line Maytag, that piece of shit sucked, nothing but problems.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a Kitchenaid (whirlpool) 2012. Only issue is the leds burn out.
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

My big one is an LG side by side and it had problems a few days after install. Someone shot a screw through a refrigerant line on assembly so once it had high pressure all the refrigerant leaked out. Got that fixed and a few months later the freezer side pretty much froze solid. The repair guy did some kind of update and it's been trouble free ever since, at least 10 years now.

I also have an Insignia freezer with a temperature controller I use for brewing and it works great. Eventually it might be turned into a Keezer but right now it's cold storage for kegs.

My kegerator is a Danby from Home Depot but I've replaced pretty much all the beer side of it. Danby is generally considered as garbage, maybe slightly better than Frigidaire but it's been pretty good. The rear wall ices over at the lowest setting and will freeze beverages. Once I rigged up a tower cooler it solved that problem though. The temperature probe is at the very front and top so by the time the air gets to it the back is way colder than the front. With the tower cooler it's constantly circulating air so it's much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X