Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that uniformity and durability would be the main reasons to upgrade, and the one-off hand painted process is cited to be the reason for the high cost.

My point was more that those are atypical, and not usually factory add-ons, that are driving the unusually high price for a factory built mustang. Of course a less modified vette can be had for less.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im curious to see how that auto performs. I currently have a 19 gt with 10 speed and whipple and love the way it drives. Ford hit a homerun with these trannys.
      “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        My point ...
        my point was the top of the line mustang now costs more than a mid engine vette and that's 2-3x times what the top of line mustang was valued at 10 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          my point was the top of the line mustang now costs more than a mid engine vette and that's 2-3x times what the top of line mustang was valued at 10 years ago
          What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Every make and model is quite a bit more expensive than it was 20 years ago. My fully loaded 1998 GT was $23k new, and my 2017 was $53k. Inflation is part of it, but the '17 is that much better of a car too.

It surprises you that a specialty low-production and highly modified Mustang cost more than a base Vette? Sounds like your bowtie is a little too tight, and is clouding your thinking.

Comment

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Every make and model is quite a bit more expensive than it was 20 years ago. My fully loaded 1998 GT was $23k new, and my 2017 was $53k. Inflation is part of it, but the '17 is that much better of a car too.

It surprises you that a specialty low-production and highly modified Mustang cost more than a base Vette? Sounds like your bowtie is a little too tight, and is clouding your thinking.
            Ha!

The FORD SVT brand has always been more expensive, you are paying for a custom built motor on a niche line with factory racing parts, whats that worth? If you buy a basic SVT GT500, it's $73K, that is a lot coin, but it's only $20k more than a loaded GT (non-vert). Some would say that's a deal, go buy a new GT and buy a blower and the supporting mods and see what that runs ya...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Some would say that's a deal, go buy a new GT and buy a blower and the supporting mods and see what that runs ya...
              In 2017 it was north of $60k to build mine (OMG I should gotz da mid-engeine vette instead).

Comment

Thats was the whole point of my post! you remarked how the the hell 18 GT has a sticker of 56k. To which point I illustrated that Ford is selling a 110K mustang

Comparing prices since both are production vehicles, and I bet both have about the same amount of carbon fiber. And no its not about brand loyaltys (I haven't bought a gm product in 15 years) its about what 110k will get you in terms of performance and at that price threes a lot of interesting options that consumer will look at and I dont think its a mustang, camaro, or challenger

Comment

Thats was the whole point of my post! you remarked how the the hell 18 GT has a sticker of 56k. To which point I illustrated that Ford is selling a 110K mustang

Comparing prices since both are production vehicles, and I bet both have about the same amount of carbon fiber. And no its not about brand loyaltys (I haven't bought a gm product in 15 years) its about what 110k will get you in terms of performance and at that price threes a lot of interesting options that consumer will look at and I dont think its a mustang, camaro, or challenger
                  Just out of curiosity...what is the choice you would make at 110K?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Just out of curiosity...what is the choice you would make at 110K?
                    Mongoose Grand Sport Coupe or Backdraft cobra with a modern era engine
                    and a early 40's Dodge Power Wagon/Carry All conversion

Might go over your budget by 10-20k

Comment

You've driven neither car, and are comparing them based on the relatively limited info that's available in articles. From what I've seen the base Vette has little CF, and neither of us have performance numbers to compare. It stands to reason that the more track-prepped higher HP GT500 will manage a course quite a bit better than a base vette, and in time we'll see that. The mid-mounted powerplant is awesome, but that alone isn't the be all end all when it comes to a car's performance. Not only that, soon enough you'll see that base price shoot well higher than the GT500, when modified variants are released. They both have their markets, but comparing a GT500 to a base vette is plain silly.

For the record, my Mustang would have been a Vette if I didn't need a back seat, and I'm looking to get out of my Mustang soon, so I'm not a fan boi either.

Mongoose Grand Sport Coupe or Backdraft cobra with a modern era engine
                      and a early 40's Dodge Power Wagon/Carry All conversion

Might go over your budget by 10-20k
                      Apples and coconuts.

Comment

Evan Smith just ran a 10.6 in this thing, stock tires.

Any bets on it will run 9s with a drag radial?

Comment

Those are some sticky m-cups, I really don't see or hear much slipping. Those runs look to be keeping in lane with no drama. You might be able to shave a tenth or two, but it maybe too heave to get much faster.
                          If they ditch all the seats, put in a Kirby, full skinny and slicks and it may break a 9, once bigger blowers and mods follow I see 9's/8's...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm still not sold on the front end, but that is one fast land wale! I can't wait to see these things modded.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I'm still not sold on the front end, but that is one fast land wale! I can't wait to see these things modded.
                              I’m still not sold on whether or not it can corner.... I bet it’ll be in the 2020 lightning lap and that will be telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Those are some sticky m-cups, I really don't see or hear much slipping. Those runs look to be keeping in lane with no drama. You might be able to shave a tenth or two, but it maybe too heave to get much faster.
                                If they ditch all the seats, put in a Kirby, full skinny and slicks and it may break a 9, once bigger blowers and mods follow I see 9's/8's...

I would imagine the lack of slipping is all from electronic launch control and not because the traction is as high as possible. While I have no clue how the software works...I would hope its able to take advantage of additional traction.

Comment

Working...
                                X