No announcement yet.

Springfield XDM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got off the phone with Springfield and right now the only sub compact being made is the 9mm XDM. I asked if there were any plans for a .40/.45 and the guy said he couldn't comment on that.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
      Ditto, I didn't know they were making a SC. I already have a XDSC9 and it is one of my favorite pistols. I think I'm going to have to the new M in stainless

I have a service model XD45, and I can't wait till they make a small .45
      they already do...its the XD45 compact

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        they already do...its the XD45 compact
        subcompact > Compact
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          subcompact > Compact
          I doubt you will see one. That will kick like hell...and hold 6 rounds or so

Comment

Saw Guns and BudsGunShop both have the 9mm in stock:

Saw Guns:

$546.92

BGS:
            Springfield is currently no longer shipping items with the XD gear. If you’re looking for a versatile carry pistol that is packed with features, has amazing ca

$597.40

Comment

How's the grip safety on these? Hard to depress at all? I don't like the idea of having to use it and not being able to fire it because my grip wasn't correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                How's the grip safety on these? Hard to depress at all? I don't like the idea of having to use it and not being able to fire it because my grip wasn't correct.
                You don't even know it's there. The spring on it is very light. It has worked for the 1911 platform for nearly 100 years. You can always argue against "not being able to fire it because my grip wasn't correct". Imagine the gun slipping off the table and you instinctively reach for it before it falls.
                Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Just to be clear, I think they only make the XDM in full size and compact. No sub-compact XDM exists right now, at least according to their site.

Comment

Just to be clear, I think they only make the XDM in full size and compact. No sub-compact XDM exists right now, at least according to their site.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_1.html
                    Even though they list it as a compact I would still say it's a sub compact and here's why:

Full size XDM 9mm with a 4.5inch barrel.

Compact XDM 9mm with 3.8inch barrel and full grip.

I would call this a sub compact XDM frame since it has a shorter grip and magazine. And if that's not a sub compact gun then I don't know what is. 9mm with 3.8inch barrel.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_1.html
                      At what point would it be considered a sub-compact? And yes, on the slide it is only labeled as a compact, but it is almost the same size as the regular XD sub-compact. The XDm's overall length is 3/4" longer but its height is .15" shorter and 1oz heavier than the XD sub-compact.

Comment

The grip safety is very very light. Im talking you cant even tell you are depressing it. Nothing like a trigger spring or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                          At what point would it be considered a sub-compact? And yes, on the slide it is only labeled as a compact, but it is almost the same size as the regular XD sub-compact. The XDm's overall length is 3/4" longer but its height is .15" shorter and 1oz heavier than the XD sub-compact.
                          Every manufacturer has their own naming convention and can change across product lines.
                          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X