S&W Performance Center Thunder Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W Performance Center Thunder Ranch

Anyone have any experience with them? I found the V-Comp .357 8-shot revolver for $850 +tax, and one of the .45ACP's (6 shot) for $825 +tax.

I'm intrigued by both of them. I'm digging the .357 due to the weight, how it feels in my hand, the 5" barrel, and having 8 shots. I'm also leaning toward the .45ACP because I've never seen a revolver in that caliber before, and because I already shoot a lot of .45, so it wouldn't be a big deal to feed it.

I'd like the .357.....it's got good weight and the end of the barrel is ported, so it should be controllable. AND, if I feel the need, I could run .38 Special through it. Also, for such a large frame, all the controls (ie. the hammer, the cylinder release) are right there. No wiggling my hand around to operate it.

Anyways, I posted this so I could see if anyone has any experience with them, and to get some first hand impressions.

I think it may be time to add another wheel gun to the stable, I got rid of my Taurus M85s to a friend of mine who wanted something his wife could shoot comfortably.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

45acp revolvers have been around a few (90 some) years, colt and smith & wesson produced the M1917 during WWI. i wouldnt mind having a 1917 or a 22, i think they are neat. they do require moon clips, some like them some dont.

i do not know much about the 325 thunder ranch gun other than its a smith & wesson and i havent been disapointed by any i've handled to date.
    Last edited by Fatass; 12-11-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
      45acp revolvers have been around a few (90 some) years, colt and smith & wesson produced the M1917 during WWI. i wouldnt mind having a 1917 or a 22, i think they are neat. they do require moon clips, some like them some dont.
      Really....I guess I've just never ran across one before. Interesting.

Comment

of those two i'd probably go for the 325, you said you already shoot 45 so that negates buying a new caliber, the frame and barrel both look plenty beefy enough to handle +p without worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
          of those two i'd probably go for the 325, you said you already shoot 45 so that negates buying a new caliber, the frame and barrel both look plenty beefy enough to handle +p without worry.
          I'm considering it....but I find myself leaning toward the 627 V-Comp just because I've never had a .357 before.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
            I'm considering it....but I find myself leaning toward the 627 V-Comp just because I've never had a .357 before.
            I own a comparable Dan Wesson. Shooting WWB .38 specials feels like shooting .22s - No appreciable recoil. Even full power .357 loads are pretty tame. The comp makes it loud as fuck. Shooting it at an indoor range is going to make your neighbor hate you.

FYI. If you shoot .38 specials, you have to clean your cylinder REALLY well after each session. They tend to leave a ring of unburnt powder in the chamber and then .357 mag cartridges won't seat all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
              I own a comparable Dan Wesson. Shooting WWB .38 specials feels like shooting .22s - No appreciable recoil. Even full power .357 loads are pretty tame. The comp makes it loud as fuck. Shooting it at an indoor range is going to make your neighbor hate you.

FYI. If you shoot .38 specials, you have to clean your cylinder REALLY well after each session. They tend to leave a ring of unburnt powder in the chamber and then .357 mag cartridges won't seat all the way.
              Good to know...thanks man.

Comment

Working...
              X