Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    How exactly should a gentlemen respond to people who are professional liars and who are lying about the aforementioned gentlemen?
    Back in the founder's days they had a duel..

I think that should be reinstated.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      Back in the founder's days they had a duel..

I think that should be reinstated.
      I strongly suspect that Trump would be happy with that option. IIRC the challenged was the one who was allowed to take the first shot and that they could use a proxy. I would love to see some Air Marshalls as Trump proxies gunning down a few CNN propagandist.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        I, of course, meant what has been historically accepted as presidential behaviour. I know that it changes from admin to admin, but it has historically been considered to be gentlemanly and dignified.
        Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        How exactly should a gentlemen respond to people who are professional liars and who are lying about the aforementioned gentlemen?
        Bolded the answer. Rolling of one's eyes and schoolyard insults are not dignified. Sinking to or below the level of the antagonist is rarely the best course of action in matters such as these. You know the old saying, "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"? He needs to learn that. Revoke credentials, don't take questions, just don't stand up there and trade barbs. If it gets to that point, or starts to, just end things and walk the fuck away as the bigger man. He can't seem to do that.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Bolded the answer. Rolling of one's eyes and schoolyard insults are not dignified. Sinking to or below the level of the antagonist is rarely the best course of action in matters such as these. You know the old saying, "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"? He needs to learn that. Revoke credentials, don't take questions, just don't stand up there and trade barbs. If it gets to that point, or starts to, just end things and walk the fuck away as the bigger man. He can't seem to do that.
          What we are seeing out of Trump is genuinely who the man is. He is no more capable of backing down then I am of holding my breath until I die. He is a hyper aggressive New Yorker who is used to getting his way by any means. You say he should back down and I am telling you that it will never happen and I will go on step further and say that if he does back down he will lose the support of his base.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

George Bush was the bigger man. The left made him out to be Hitler reincarnated.

Being the bigger man didn't do shit for him, except ruin his legacy.
            Last edited by sc281; 02-18-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              What we are seeing out of Trump is genuinely who the man is. He is no more capable of backing down then I am of holding my breath until I die. He is a hyper aggressive New Yorker who is used to getting his way by any means. You say he should back down and I am telling you that it will never happen and I will go on step further and say that if he does back down he will lose the support of his base.
              On both of these... I feel he needs to chop them down anytime they ask their slanted loaded questions. He knows they're asking questions in a certain way to illicit a sound bite. Period.

As for the constant media beat down, I'm of the opinion that he needs to back off of it, Hillary and the election shit. He won, he's president. He made a ton of great points. It'll be fun to see how people feel about him in a couple years if he stays the course and keeps doing what he's doing: fulfilling campaign promises. The biggest problem he's running into is the one he hasn't just flat-out smashed the media for: the Podesta emails proved that damn near every MSM outlet was bought and paid for by the DNC. So many of my liberal friends laugh off the Podesta emails and try to veer off into "Illegally Obtained" Land. I don't have many conversations after that because I ask them, "If you're going to completely ignore what the hell is happening with your party, how can you get out your pedestal and preach about what Trump is saying?"

In the long run, Trump will never win against the MSM simply because he refuses to pay them and lift them up. Simple as that.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I saved this quote at least a year ago and I believe it came from this board....

"Do not drop to their level, start off 2 steps lower than you think they will go to. At that point their will is broken, they will be afraid of you. This is a last resort, this is only to be done when all else has failed, and it's not to be taken lightly as there are consequences but sometimes it's the only thing they will understand."

Comment

While I concur that it would be nice to have gentlemanly behavior in our leaders...so they could be revered for their character etc...at this point I see abrasiveness like Trump's as a technique in a world with mass media...

GOVERNMENT, NEWS
                  8 Things Congress Has Done While Everyone was Distracted by Trump
                  February 14, 2017 11:54 pm by admin
                  http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/02/8-things-congress-has-done-while-everyone-was-distracted-by-trump/

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Because America

Comment

• I sooo wish this gif would embed properly. It's perfect!

At least my reaction to it does:

Edit: GOD DAMNIT!

Edit again:

The full video of that gloriously awesome .gif. It's got just enough anti Trump in it that even NayNay will like it!

Last edited by sc281; 02-19-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Fuck it. These are good, but won't embed. Guess y'all with have to play "what's in the box!?!??"

Comment

Working...
                                X