• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night

ugh, that '56.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

There is something eerily poignant about that. Very cool. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

restocking the super market for thieves . seems stupid to me not to hold mail for those areas .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
          restocking the super market for thieves . seems stupid to me not to hold mail for those areas .
          Which makes me wonder if it isn't a publicity stunt. Fuck USPS.

Comment

I desire to see the post office shut down as its obsolete. Along with a large portion of the rest of the government of course.
            WH

Comment

This scene at ~58 seconds is very interesting to me.. The green shrubs and yards intact but the homes burned to ashes. And the couple of places across the street seemingly untouched.

Comment

never let a tragedy go to waste. fuck the usps

Comment

Does that not look odd to yall? Why is everything obliterated but there is still grass and trees?

See Chilli saw it too. Doesn't look like a forest fire to me.
                  Last edited by Scott Mc; 10-20-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    seems stupid to me not to hold mail for those areas .
                    The bills don't stop and you know the county is wanting their property tax statements delivered so they can collect ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                      Does that not look odd to yall? Why is everything obliterated but there is still grass and trees?

See Chilli saw it too. Doesn't look like a forest fire to me.
                      Easiest explanation is that all of that wasn't burned by a big wildfire tearing ass down the street (which would have torched trees also), but by blowing embers from nearby wildfires landing on houses and things. That's how shit goes with big fires. Unpredictable and crazy. don't read too much into a few pictures.

EDIT: here ya go: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...11-story.html#
                      Though a forensic examination will be required to understand exactly what happened at Coffey Park, the unburned trees still standing in the neighborhood tell wildland fire experts that the cause was not a giant front of flames sweeping out of the nearby hills and fields.
                      Most likely, the fire was touched off by embers blown from a distance. Firebrands capable of igniting a house can travel more than a mile. “When you’ve got firebrands going into every crook and cranny, they’re going to find somewhere to start combustion,” Sapsis said.
                      Fire experts surmise that most of the damage was caused by fire spreading from house to house, leaving some parkway trees and things like trash cans oddly unscathed. “Those houses are like highly concentrated energy packages just waiting to ignite,” said Donald Falk, a wildland fire researcher in the University of Arizona School of Natural Resources and the Environment. “In that wind-driven situation, I think the predictions of what’s fire-safe and what’s not kind of go out the window.”

Anyway, rather than get all tinfoily at some pics, let's talk about this:

ICE Director: Suspected Wine Country Arsonist Is Illegal Alien Mexican National

WASHINGTON, DC — U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Acting Director Tom Homan confirmed on Thursday that a man arrested in connection with setting a fire in Sonoma County Wine Country is an illegal alien from Mexico who has been twice returned to his “home country.”

Homan also confirmed that ICE has issued detainer requests for Jesus Fabian Gonzalez five times now in the past year alone, including the one issued on October 16 in relation to his most recent arrest on suspicion of arson. All of the arrests were made “by Sonoma County on various felony and misdemeanor charges,” according to Homan.

Sonoma County is considered a sanctuary jurisdiction and does not fully cooperate with federal immigration officials. That includes not honoring ICE detainer requests. “ICE was never notified of Mr. Gonzalez' various releases
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 10-20-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I think some of you are missing the point of this video. It's a symbolic gesture. A deference to the people that lost their homes.

Comment

when our place flooded they held our mail at the post office. those folks aren't camped out there. would you want your bank statements and such setting there in a deserted area ?

Comment

I should clarify, I wasn't insinuating any sort of controversy pointing out that scene, I just thought the contrast between the images was interesting and actually visually appealing to me. Totally get how it happened.

Comment

BTW, those look to all be mobile homes with stick built garages. Very common in CA, especially in retirement communities (though I wouldn't guess that place was one). My grandparents lived in the same type of place until they passed, and my Mom and Step-dad currently live in a place like that in Calimesa, CA.

Comment

Working...
                              X