No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went and exchanged the wheel this morning, the larger size is perfect but when I got home I realized the screws to attach the new one were missing from the box so I had to make a trip to Elliott's hardware 20 miles away since I knew they would have the right sizes... so 240 miles of driving in 2 days got me this.

And here's my view with the wheel where I like it.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Looks very nice sir

Comment

• Thank you, it's coming along...

Stevo

Comment

• I would have gone with removable hub, that way you have extra security if you needed it.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I would have gone with removable hub, that way you have extra security if you needed it.
            From a theft stance or safety?

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              From a theft stance or safety?
              Theft. You might decide the power tour coming through DFW is your jam, and worry all night at the hotel that your car is one of the ones that gets stolen every year or something. Hard to steal a car that doesn't have a steering wheel.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Pretty hard to steal one that won't start too... they don't run very well without a rotor under the distributor cap.

Stevo

Comment

Pretty hard to steal one that won't start too... they don't run very well without a rotor under the distributor cap.
                  They couldnt start one of mine (after fucking up the column so they could turn the wheel) so I got woken up by the police asking if i knew my car was around the corner in the middle of the road. I drove it back home after flipping the kill switch on.

They wouldnt have been able to roll it down the street to try to start it if it didnt have a steering wheel...

Comment

• Gotcha... Truth be told though, it's 6 screws to remove it, easy enough.

Stevo

Comment

• I wired mine up so that if you try to start the car without holding down the passenger side window up button, it honks the horn.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• It's not really too big of a concern for me at the moment as I don't have plans for the car to stay anywhere for that long outside of my garage...

Stevo

Comment

Went ahead and scored the Corbeau seats, I've got the SVE seats available now if anyone is interested let me know otherwise I'll post them up for sale
                          Still have those seats?

Comment

• I do, you should come pick them up!

Stevo

Comment

• Pics and price homie!?

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                                Pics and price homie!?
                                I put an ad in the classifieds with both of those. Feel free to make me an offer, I could use the garage space.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X