No announcement yet.

New Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all of the replies. I do agree that its a tossup between all of the big 3, but I have had nothing but issues since I've had this truck. Between this, leaking water through the firewall, the other 3 recalls it's been in for. I'm ready to move on. I'll admit its tough to look at RAM (Dodge) because of their past, but I have been seeing really good things about improving their quality. It also took me awhile to grow on the new design of the truck, I really am digging it now. The interior is also best in class and larger than my F150 which is pretty massive already. I'm tired of driving this rental Focus which they told me will be another 5 days.

Also with a Rebel, yeah it's no Raptor, but I don't need all of that. It's got a lift and Duratracs with a locking rear and off road shocks/mild lift. That's all i need and I don't have to mod it much except maybe a spray in liner. It comes from the factory with everything I did to my F150.
    Last edited by Trip McNeely; 12-13-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
      I got out of my hellcat because it started with a ton of electrical issues and rear end clunking. Weird not having a sports car, but the ride and comfort make up for it. Knock on wood, I’m happy with mine thus far.
      All electronics in modern cars scare the shit out of me. I have a '17 Hellcat and with all that is dependent on the electrical system it worries me to own it past warranty.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      That's actually the model I am looking at. Do you like the way it rides? I know with the coil rear its supposedly much nicer than a leaf. I also was just curious if you have had any problems or nuances with it? Does it leak water? lol
      I do like the way it rides. I did level the front and change wheels, just wheels kept the stock Goodyears, but it still rides better than most half tons I have been in. I wanted the Rebel 12 and at the time there were none with the sunroof and e-torque and air suspension. So not having those options is kinda a nuisance since I wanted them, but I would rather have the 12" screen and full leather seating. I do miss the vented seats also, only come with heated. Rear seat room is insane. I remember thinking the mega cabs were huge, they don't have shit on these.

Comment

I bought a 2019 2500 Laramie yesterday. I did get the extended warranty though. So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
          All electronics in modern cars scare the shit out of me. I have a '17 Hellcat and with all that is dependent on the electrical system it worries me to own it past warranty.

I do like the way it rides. I did level the front and change wheels, just wheels kept the stock Goodyears, but it still rides better than most half tons I have been in. I wanted the Rebel 12 and at the time there were none with the sunroof and e-torque and air suspension. So not having those options is kinda a nuisance since I wanted them, but I would rather have the 12" screen and full leather seating. I do miss the vented seats also, only come with heated. Rear seat room is insane. I remember thinking the mega cabs were huge, they don't have shit on these.
          I think about that with my camaro. The dash and radio is basically a tablet. What's going to happen when that crap breaks? The back seat room being massive ain't no lie, the rear seats on my dad's laramie actually recline a bit.

Only thing remotely comparable is my 00 F250 Crew Cab.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            I had a 16. Started with a few instances of certain things not working unless I killed the car and then restarted it. Had fuel rail pressure sensor take a shit on me and then an injector driver module and injector had to be replaced. Got it back and car started to smoke on startups etc. transmission started to down shift funny and even though warranty covered my issues, I just got out because I was tired of dealing with it all and having to get a rental etc. hellcat was fun, but everyone wanted to act a fool when I drove it. I miss the handling and brakes and find myself pushing the truck into turns too quickly lol
            2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

I had a 16. Started with a few instances of certain things not working unless I killed the car and then restarted it. Had fuel rail pressure sensor take a shit on me and then an injector driver module and injector had to be replaced. Got it back and car started to smoke on startups etc. transmission started to down shift funny and even though warranty covered my issues, I just got out because I was tired of dealing with it all and having to get a rental etc. hellcat was fun, but everyone wanted to act a fool when I drove it. I miss the handling and brakes and find myself pushing the truck into turns too quickly lol
              Lol@ act a fool.

Still waiting to find one out and about for some fool acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                Lol@ act a fool.

Still waiting to find one out and about for some fool acting.
                They top end nasty, but are heavy. If you have any power adder mods, you should be fine. I had a procharged new Camaro walk me dirty and a 5.0 with a blower put on a couple of cars. I regret not doing pullies and tune, but the silver 03 kinda broke my spirit as far as modding cars go, since once I start, I don’t stop. Hope all is well in your world bro.
                2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

They top end nasty, but are heavy. If you have any power adder mods, you should be fine. I had a procharged new Camaro walk me dirty and a 5.0 with a blower put on a couple of cars. I regret not doing pullies and tune, but the silver 03 kinda broke my spirit as far as modding cars go, since once I start, I don’t stop. Hope all is well in your world bro.
                  Yeah, I’m rolling a TT 15 GT.

Still looking for my doors after that race with your 03.

All is well. Good to see you’re still around and hope all is good with you!

Comment

Yeah, I’m rolling a TT 15 GT.

Still looking for my doors after that race with your 03.

All is well. Good to see you’re still around and hope all is good with you!
                    I’m trying to see how that TT 15 runs 👀

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I’m trying to see how that TT 15 runs 👀
                      Freight train like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        It's a roll of the dice...my friends have had nothing but problems.
                        All I've ever done is talk shit about dodge here on this site. For the same reason you just mentioned... it's always been this way. However, I'd been hearing murmurs of quality improvements. Like they've been slowly changing their piss poor ways. I had hoped it was true, cause you just can't talk some people out of buying them. Telling them that due to quality issues, they need to get an F-150 or at least some GM thing. But they just gotta have that dodge. They don't seem to learn either. The truck will eat its own crank or something, and they'll replace it with another dodge.
                        WH

Comment

I liked my 17 RAM except for one thing..... thinnest body panels ever. If you look at them too hard they dent. I ended up in a 19 Colorado Z71 because smaller and light offroading. I miss the 90 hp and the RAM towed better. The entire family likes the Chevy better.

Comment

Freight train like.
                            Must be nice to be fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Must be nice to be fast.
                              Bitch please.

Comment

My wife has been thinking of getting one for her next vehicle. She’s kinda fallen in love with big trucks like the King Ranch. The only thing she doesn’t like on the Ram is the color combinations. Which isn’t a big deal IMO with all these wraps and leather seat covers that are available these days.

So FYI, the new tablet uConnect is running on Android instead of QNX. The dev team for the old uConnects has been run by Harmon Kardon (which is owned by Samsung). However it’s my understanding that this unit is being done by Samsung’s android team and not at all by HK.

IMO that is potentially a huge improvement for the uConnect. The HK dev team has been a cluster F and the QNX based uConnect is a buggy PoS. It’s the only thing I hate about my Jeep.

Comment

Working...
                                X