diy home security camera system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diy home security camera system.

Does anybody have one. I'm just looking for a little extra security and I want to be the only one with access to my cameras. I have found quite a few good deals for about 350.00 to 500.00 bit I was curious if any body on here had one or sold them so I can get some input.
    Originally posted by Baron
    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Sams club has a pretty good set from samsung we installed where I work. Came with 6 color cameras and the hard drive for storage. It has motion sensors and night vision and cost under $1,000. Installation took a few hours. From a distance the images are blurry, but close up is pretty clear.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

No imput other than the Tiger Direct store in Addison has 10+ kits on their shelves, and demo's for every one of them up and running. Prices seemed good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        No imput other than the Tiger Direct store in Addison has 10+ kits on their shelves, and demo's for every one of them up and running. Prices seemed good as well.
        thanks for the info. I bought a kit at frys the other day and had no idea tiger direct had a store. I need a couple more cameras so I will go check that place out. thanks
        Originally posted by Baron
        If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

I have a night owl setup with dvr and 4 color cameras 1 of them also has sound. I can view mine from my iPhone anywhere I am
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Ok, thread revival.

Any updates on these, or new ones?
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I built my own with my media pc, blue iris software and foscam wireless cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                I built my own with my media pc, blue iris software and foscam wireless cameras.
                Rough estimate of cost?
                86 SVO - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

50-60 each for indoor cameras, 90ish for outdoor cameras, and blue iris software was around 50 bucks.

But you can shop cameras in all price ranges, and get wI red cat5 cameras for less.

Comment

I just use a game camera that has night vision and also records $50

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                      I just use a game camera that has night vision and also records $50
                      I have one in my shop. Darn batteries get expensive though

Comment

Batteries last almost a year in mine and I just use 8 AA cheapo batteries that are like 36 for $6

Comment

Im using 4 Hikvision 2032-I cameras and a Synology NAS to record to. They are 3mp cameras. I highly recommend them. They are $90 each or so now from Ali Express. Way too expensive if you order here in the US.

Comment

I use Axis cameras. The one outside my garage is a Axis P3346-VE. Pretty good quality and is a dome camera. It uses POE so no need to run any cables except cat5e. I can read plates easily as someone pulls up.

Here's a video from a few minutes ago of the FedEx guy.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                              I use Axis cameras. The one outside my garage is a Axis P3346-VE. Pretty good quality and is a dome camera. It uses POE so no need to run any cables except cat5e. I can read plates easily as someone pulls up.

Here's a video from a few minutes ago of the FedEx guy.
                              Dang! That thing is expensive.

My worst problem is there is no power where I need to put 2 of the cameras. Still looking at what my choices are, and how to power and cable them, if I have to.
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X