Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM&FF, Mustang Monthly, Car Craft and more: Dead

End of an era, gentlemen.

TEN Publishing, the publisher behind enthusiast magazines like Motor Trend, Hot Rod, Automobile, and a lot more, has announced it is shutting down print operations for 19 of its 22 titles next year.

Also, honorable mention goes to poor sweet Lowrider.

Here is the full list of the 19 publications ending their print run.

4-Wheel & Off-Road
    Automobile
    Car Craft
    Chevy High Performance
    Classic Trucks 
    Diesel Power
    Hot Rod Deluxe 
    Jp
    Lowrider
    Mopar Muscle
    Muscle Car Review
    Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
    Mustang Monthly
    Street Rodder
    Super Chevy 
    Super Street
    Truck Trend 
    Truckin’
    Vette

I have a friend who is a writer for them, and he didnt get notice before it was announced.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Crap, I'm a subscriber to six of them.

There are going to be a bunch of pissed-off inmates. Lowrider was one of the few magazines you could get in to the system that you could jerk off too.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That sucks to hear. Jeff Bauer did a review on one of my websites back in the day and featured it in MMFF back in the day.

Terrible to see periodicals going by the way of the dinosaur. Just like Amazon is putting brick & mortar stores out of business.

I guess it's hard to compete with instant gratification and convenience. You make a couple of mouse clicks and order something and it's on your doorstep in 2 days.

Comment

So, what happens to the rest of our issues? I get JP and 4W&OR.

That said, this isn’t exactly surprising.

Comment

Damn. Guess its a good thing i didn't take them up on their latest offer to renew! That really does suck. Going the way of blockbuster.

Comment

That sucks but, I haven't picked up, bought or subscribed to a magazine in years.

Comment

I'll buy an issue when I am getting on a plane. I hate reading magazines or books on a computer screen, it fucking sucks.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

there goes my youth! that sucks

Comment

Damn, that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

There are going to be a bunch of pissed-off inmates. Lowrider was one of the few magazines you could get in to the system that you could jerk off too.
                      I'm sorry but I busted out laughing.

Comment

Out with the old, in with the new. Now if we can just have this happen to most of the political rags, we'll be doing great. Hopefully rolling stone dies soon.
                        WH

Comment

Chevy High Performance sub for the past several years.... I wondered why I have not seen a renewal notification yet.

Car Hobby is evaporating before our eyes... old lifelong car peeps fading away with very little interest from the later generations to continue.

mardyn

Comment

Sucks, but I haven't bought a magazine in years. In some respects, I feel like I've denied my son. I used to live in magazines as a kid. Oddly enough, I hate reading them on screen.

Comment

The magazine business ebbs and flows. I was the first subscriber to Hi-Tech performance in 95 or 96 that later transitioned to GM high-tech performance and then simply vanished. It along with the old Turbo magazine were my favorites along with Car Craft when Freiburg took over. MM&FF was a power house in its day; I remember issues with 250 + high gloss pages (albeit 120 pages of ads) of pure Ford dna; you could have almost made steroids by wringing the juice out of the magazine.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X