No announcement yet.

Christians, I have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, dinosaurs and man existed together and there actually seems to be quite a bit of evidence for it. Watch Hovind's video dinosaurs and the Bible. You'll see a host of pictures of archaeological finds which prove man existed with dinosaurs.

For instance, we see carvings on these specific little stones world-wide of many different kinds of dinosaurs which we have discovered nowadays. Also, we find nearly every type of dinosaur we know about drawn on the walls of Babylon in northern Iraq. In the Bible, Leviathan and Behemoth are clearly dinosaurs. Behemoth has a tail like a cedar tree and exists in swamps it says - that would be a bracheosaurus type beast. Leviathan sounds like some type of dragon type beast (but all dinosaurs were referred to as dragons before the 1800s). And yes, Leviathan breaths fire in the Bible, or more specifically, it says he shoots sparks of fire. You say, "That's absurd!" Well, actually, it's not so absurd. We have a bombadeer beetle on earth today which has two chemicals it shoots out of a turret on its butt that mix together and hit air and explode. It can shoot anywhere from 60 - 200 shots per minute and they explode around 212 degrees fahrenheit. We have chemicals today we can spray and when they mix they burst into flame. It's very simple - if a bug can do it, a dinosaur-type creature can do it. We have seen dinosaur creatures which spit things at people sort of like a cobra spits his venom. So it's not much of a stretch to say that a dinosaur could do the same and call it a dragon because that was what ancient people called dinosaurs.

If aliens came to earth, to my knowledge, it wouldn't disprove anything about the Bible. The Bible is simply silent on the issue. And if they had different beliefs than us, it doesn't prove anything, because if you were to give our race another thousand years and some major government take-overs, you could have any religious belief forced on the people. If Islam ruled the earth, they would force everyone to convert or die. Beliefs mean nothing. Anyone can have any belief. Doesn't mean it's accurate. We Christians could even be wrong. We believe what we believe because of personal experience and because evidence agrees with our beliefs. Doesn't mean we're right though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
      Yes, dinosaurs and man existed together and there actually seems to be quite a bit of evidence for it. Watch Hovind's video dinosaurs and the Bible. You'll see a host of pictures of archaeological finds which prove man existed with dinosaurs.

For instance, we see carvings on these specific little stones world-wide of many different kinds of dinosaurs which we have discovered nowadays. Also, we find nearly every type of dinosaur we know about drawn on the walls of Babylon in northern Iraq. In the Bible, Leviathan and Behemoth are clearly dinosaurs. Behemoth has a tail like a cedar tree and exists in swamps it says - that would be a bracheosaurus type beast. Leviathan sounds like some type of dragon type beast (but all dinosaurs were referred to as dragons before the 1800s). And yes, Leviathan breaths fire in the Bible, or more specifically, it says he shoots sparks of fire. You say, "That's absurd!" Well, actually, it's not so absurd. We have a bombadeer beetle on earth today which has two chemicals it shoots out of a turret on its butt that mix together and hit air and explode. It can shoot anywhere from 60 - 200 shots per minute and they explode around 212 degrees fahrenheit. We have chemicals today we can spray and when they mix they burst into flame. It's very simple - if a bug can do it, a dinosaur-type creature can do it. We have seen dinosaur creatures which spit things at people sort of like a cobra spits his venom. So it's not much of a stretch to say that a dinosaur could do the same and call it a dragon because that was what ancient people called dinosaurs.

If aliens came to earth, to my knowledge, it wouldn't disprove anything about the Bible. The Bible is simply silent on the issue. And if they had different beliefs than us, it doesn't prove anything, because if you were to give our race another thousand years and some major government take-overs, you could have any religious belief forced on the people. If Islam ruled the earth, they would force everyone to convert or die. Beliefs mean nothing. Anyone can have any belief. Doesn't mean it's accurate. We Christians could even be wrong. We believe what we believe because of personal experience and because evidence agrees with our beliefs. Doesn't mean we're right though.
      Dude, you have zero credibility on this forum as far as I am concerned. You argue with everyone and cite bullshit books/authors and when someone calls you on your lack of knowledge you either ignore them or come up with more baseless shit. You still believe that a person with a serum pH of 6.5 is no big deal? Have you or have you not been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder? Please, do this site a favor and go back to the other site.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        Wayne, do you honestly believe that man and dinosaurs coexisted?
        Not really. Havent really gone there before.
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
          Not really. Havent really gone there before.
          Check out www.drdino.com, click on videos, seminars, Dinosaurs and the Bible - Seminar Part 3. Watch it. Excellent video. Tons of proof in that video and it's thoroughly interesting.

Comment

Dude, you have zero credibility on this forum as far as I am concerned. You argue with everyone and cite bullshit books/authors and when someone calls you on your lack of knowledge you either ignore them or come up with more baseless shit. You still believe that a person with a serum pH of 6.5 is no big deal? Have you or have you not been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder? Please, do this site a favor and go back to the other site.
            I like how when I actually address the science shown to me here and show that its interpretation is inaccurate, you call that ignoring it. But when I post it and it is ignored, it's okay. Pot calling the kettle black....

Comment

I like how when I actually address the science shown to me here and show that its interpretation is inaccurate, you call that ignoring it. But when I post it and it is ignored, it's okay. Pot calling the kettle black....

It isnt ignored. It is just useless to argue with a delusional person who feels that they have all the answers.

Comment

Bring on the aliens! I just hope if they ever come they're not dickwads. Hopefully though, if they're advanced enough to travel the galaxy, they're a reasonably peaceful group because if they weren't, they probably would've destroyed themselves before gaining such technology.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Leviathan sounds like some type of dragon type beast (but all dinosaurs were referred to as dragons before the 1800s). And yes, Leviathan breaths fire in the Bible, or more specifically, it says he shoots sparks of fire.
                  Are you saying the Bible talks about Godzilla?

And if they had different beliefs than us, it doesn't prove anything, because if you were to give our race another thousand years and some major government take-overs, you could have any religious belief forced on the people.
                  another thousand years? didn't we already do this during the Crusades and when we first inhabited this country?
                  "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Instructional guide for when it does happen. Some of the dumbasses on here should take note.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...tact-alien.png
                    Originally posted by grove rat
                    shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                      Instructional guide for when it does happen. Some of the dumbasses on here should take note.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...tact-alien.png
                      lmbao!!!

Comment

Sounds like this discussion is winding down, but I'll chime in anyway.

About the dinosaurs, I don't have any reason to believe that those animals weren't created when the others were. Not saying I have proof that they were, but the animals that were created were not named, so why would a Christian argue which animals were created and which ones weren't?

Aliens, I guess that is possible too. I wouldn't agree that the Bible is "THE textbook of all that exists" because of the implication that it would include "everything". As I understand it the Bible is 100% true, 100% inerrant (what was said was true). I don't take that to mean that it is a complete history book, or that it covers everything that ever happened. Here again I would say that the Bible doesn't address it, so what grounds would a Christian have to argue against it? If they had another idea of how the universe was created, well I don't think it would change my mind but I would at least take the time to listen and learn about it.

I don't believe the creation story because it is logical, because I can prove it, or because it makes any more sense than the big bang. I just have to take it on faith. I hate that about Christianity. I hate that I can't see and touch God, I hate that we don't have proof of Creation. It drives me crazy that nothing about Christianity is above my own speculation, because how can I try to explain it to others? I can't. I question every bit of it, and it makes believing it, taking it by faith, the hardest part of my life.

I will say that this struggle tends to keep me humble. Ever argued with a Christian that had all the answers? I've been a christian all my life, had that conversation too many times, and I can't stand it. I won't argue with anyone about these things because I can't, I'm not smart enough to figure out the answers. I won't bash your opinion becasue I can't prove it wrong. All I can do is believe and live the life I believe God called me to live. If he wants to convince you that the Bible is true he can, and he doesn't need me to do the arguing for him.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                          Sounds like this discussion is winding down, but I'll chime in anyway.

About the dinosaurs, I don't have any reason to believe that those animals weren't created when the others were. Not saying I have proof that they were, but the animals that were created were not named, so why would a Christian argue which animals were created and which ones weren't?

Aliens, I guess that is possible too. I wouldn't agree that the Bible is "THE textbook of all that exists" because of the implication that it would include "everything". As I understand it the Bible is 100% true, 100% inerrant (what was said was true). I don't take that to mean that it is a complete history book, or that it covers everything that ever happened. Here again I would say that the Bible doesn't address it, so what grounds would a Christian have to argue against it? If they had another idea of how the universe was created, well I don't think it would change my mind but I would at least take the time to listen and learn about it.

I don't believe the creation story because it is logical, because I can prove it, or because it makes any more sense than the big bang. I just have to take it on faith. I hate that about Christianity. I hate that I can't see and touch God, I hate that we don't have proof of Creation. It drives me crazy that nothing about Christianity is above my own speculation, because how can I try to explain it to others? I can't. I question every bit of it, and it makes believing it, taking it by faith, the hardest part of my life.

I will say that this struggle tends to keep me humble. Ever argued with a Christian that had all the answers? I've been a christian all my life, had that conversation too many times, and I can't stand it. I won't argue with anyone about these things because I can't, I'm not smart enough to figure out the answers. I won't bash your opinion becasue I can't prove it wrong. All I can do is believe and live the life I believe God called me to live. If he wants to convince you that the Bible is true he can, and he doesn't need me to do the arguing for him.
                          Well said. Others can learn a lot from you.

Comment

Yes indeed, others could.....

Well said. Others can learn a lot from you.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            ....because I like to tease you kids about the (non)existence of Santa....errr...God.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                              Can you imagine believing in a God that was so inept that BrianC could figure out his plans?

I'd kill myself immediately if I thought God was that stupid.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

anyone ever read the book of Ezekiel?...wait for it......................ok, discuss

Comment

Working...
                                X