No announcement yet.

health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$750 for me and 2 kids, 3000k deduct and then full coverage after that, haven't tested that yet to see if its true.

Comment

My employer pays 100% medical, copays, ER and prescriptions. I have to pay for vision and dental. I consider myself very fortunate in that the premium is just under 3k for my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Where on earth are you getting the 800-1200 a month numbers? I have never seen anyone that high aside from like COBRA or something.

Most seem to be like $400 for an entire family
        My job is like that. Employee only is around $60 a month but if you have entire family I believe its around $1200. Luckily my wife has the kids on her's and its good.

Comment

I pay ~$597.57 a month for the family buy-up / PPO plan. That includes a spousal surcharge though.

I actually just asked my HR for the amount they pay as well, as I was curious in case I were to leave and take Cobra (same coverage but you have to pay the full amount, not just the 'employee' portion).

My company also pays another ~$1,400 a month on their side.. The last few times our rates increased, the company has taken it on their end, so our premiums haven't increased for the last several years.

My point is, if I had to buy a comparable policy on my own,or if I chose to accept Cobra coverage, I'd be looking at ~$2,000 a month.. You may want to factor employer paid portions as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Wait your company just started fully covering insurance? Or is your "from to" backwards?
            The previous company offered a couple plans, but all premiums and HSA contributions came out of my check. I started a new job in January, and the new company covers all premiums, and contributes the out of pocket maximum deductible to my HSA, which is the industry standard I've come to learn.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              The previous company offered a couple plans, but all premiums and HSA contributions came out of my check. I started a new job in January, and the new company covers all premiums, and contributes the out of pocket maximum deductible to my HSA, which is the industry standard I've come to learn.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              That's awesome. Good to see some companies still take care of this!

Comment

Working...
              X