My A-Team Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    If you find a project SVO anywhere, I have ideas and a supportive wife. I’m giving the SN to kiddo after the event since he has been helping with cars a lot lately. I’m even going to have him help with the P cars since he is doing so well. He thinks he might want to become a tech someday.

What I have in mind is for a driver quality SVO not a mint collectible one. Ratty ones are easy to find and overpriced.
    There is a fairly decent looking one out in Sanger for sale. Parked at a house on FM 455

Comment

I've seen those two. I actually had a friend that is helped me with my current Mustang inquire about those two. It's a bit of a stretch at $2500 for a pile of parts missing seats, consoles, etc.

I know of a decent car in FL for $1500, but a trip to FL and back isn't in the cards right now to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        There is a fairly decent looking one out in Sanger for sale. Parked at a house on FM 455
        You know what color and year it is? I may have to head out that way and look for myself. The Babe's there is my favorite since they serve the pot roast.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          You know what color and year it is? I may have to head out that way and look for myself. The Babe's there is my favorite since they serve the pot roast.
          It’s red, not sure on year, just drove by it. It’s parked at the front gate of someone’s house.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            It’s red, not sure on year, just drove by it. It’s parked at the front gate of someone’s house.
            Dark metallic red or jalapeno red? The difference is pretty obvious.

Comment

Looks like he put a price on them. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
                Looks like he put a price on them. Not bad.
                I'd jump on them if I had the spare cash.

Comment

isnt that van 5x5.5?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    isnt that van 5x5.5?
                    no friggen clue, but I want these wheels regardless. I'm sure they'd fit my ranger or buick.

Comment

BradM cried himself to sleep reading this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        isnt that van 5x5.5?
                        Was gonna ask that too. My ramcharger has same original wheels and pattern is 5x5.5.

Comment

Well, I've pretty much decided the van's look is about to change completely. I've purchased the parts I need to do my dream roof rack, and it needs a repaint anyway (I only half ass painted it to see if I liked the A-team thing.) So I'm faced with two options,
                          1. sand scuff, and repaint the A-Team job in flat colors, with the lift and the rack and stuff I'm just not sure it would look right.
                          2. I might just say F all this and paint it a desert sand color keep all the trim black, ad the roof rack ladder, ditch he front bumper and do a Baja stile tube bumper and skid plate. Maybe also some small fender flairs.
                          Right now I'm leaning toward the tan. Either ay I'm going to work on it this weekend. I found this model kit online and am going to play around and do a scale version because why not!
                          I feel like the sand paint and black would actually give it some resale value, where as the A-team thing will just be fun and make it damn near un sellable. Not that I'm planning on ever selling it.

Comment

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/wt...853980855.html

I doubt this is the correct lug pattern for your van, but its worth a shot. I was wanting these as second look for my Cougar but the back spacing won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/wt...853980855.html

I doubt this is the correct lug pattern for your van, but its worth a shot. I was wanting these as second look for my Cougar but the back spacing won't work.

Those would only be good if I kept the A-team thing going.

Comment

The tan idea sounds good. Or a classy cowskin pattern

Comment

Working...
                                X