No announcement yet.

Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spend a lot of time every winter in Pittsburgh/SW Pennsylvania. It's much easier to drive on up there b/c they have the equipment to deal with it. The problem is, TX DOT goes and allocates shitloads of capital to it and then we don't have a significant event for another 3 years.

"Zomg!!! Can you believe those idiots spent millions of dollars on that!?!"

Of course, they're doing a cost benefit analysis internally to make the decision, but the public reaction would be exactly this.
    Last edited by slow99; 12-10-2013, 10:16 PM.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      I spend a lot of time every winter in Pittsburgh/SW Pennsylvania. It's much easier to drive on up there b/c they have the equipment to deal with it. The problem is, TX DOT goes and allocates shitloads of capital to it and then we don't have a significant event for another 3 years.

"Zomg!!! Can you believe those idiots spent million of dollars on that!?!"

Of course, they're doing a cost benefit analysis internally to make the decision, but the public reaction would be exactly this.
      There it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        There it is.
        We already had the real-life comparison/analysis 2 years ago during the Super Bowl. All those Pittsburgh and Wisconsin visitors couldn't navigate this shit to save their lives. They were all calling us with, "Where the fuck are the salt trucks and plows?"
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• lol. Yeah well I was slip sliding on my way to work this morning because the road crews decided to sleep in. Then I read this article: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/inves...l/-/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Wasn't 2010 the year we got a foot of snow? That was crazy as shit.
            Yep, got stuck in a field trying to help a guy out. Worn road tires on a 4x4 jeep + a foot of snow = fail.

Comment

• Our drive and road is still completely iced over. It took me 20 minutes to get my Mercedes 40ft to the other side of the circle drive, in order to hopefully get to school tomorrow in a timely manner. RWD with an open diff. should be interesting...
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Like a dumbshit, I decided to take the PGBT this morning from 20 to 183. What a fucking mess. Those assholes at the NTTA haven't done shit to that whole stretch other than piss some sand around. The trip this morning was worse than my trip home down 360 and 20 on Friday afternoon. People pay to drive that shit and their toll roads are the worst shape of anything out there right now. Shame on me for thinking those fucking crooks would have their shit together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  Like a dumbshit, I decided to take the PGBT this morning from 20 to 183. What a fucking mess. Those assholes at the NTTA haven't done shit to that whole stretch other than piss some sand around. The trip this morning was worse than my trip home down 360 and 20 on Friday afternoon. People pay to drive that shit and their toll roads are the worst shape of anything out there right now. Shame on me for thinking those fucking crooks would have their shit together.
                  I took 161 north from 20 to lower tarrant and it wasn't too bad at all, much better than 360.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• My pretty winter picture
                    Last edited by SS Junk; 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I took 161 north from 20 to lower tarrant and it wasn't too bad at all, much better than 360.
                      From 30 north, it was a crawl. If 360 is that bad, I'll be sure to stay off of it for a while. I haven't been on it since Friday. 360 north of 183 and 20 from 287 to 360 is scraped clean, though. Ice built up on the sides as high as they could get it. I expected a toll road to have already seen the same treatment or better.

Comment

• Went to work today for the first time in a week (I normally work from home but try and make it into the office a couple of days a week). Decided to wait until the sun came out and the morning rush hour traffic had died down. Left the house at 9am and traffic was still backed up on Loop 12 trying to cross over the Trinity bridge. The bridge was pretty clear but traffic was still slow. Must have been at least a 2 mile backup from Singleton to Irving Blvd. Saw plenty of ice stacked up on the sides of the highway at least 3 feet high going down 114 to. Can't wait for the ice to finally melt.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Wasn't 2010 the year we got a foot of snow? That was crazy as shit.
                          Yep.

This was taken around midnight if I remember right.

Comment

• You think he’s still worried about tough driving conditions?

Comment

• Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                              Lets talk about the cold weather heading our way
                              Hey. You’re back. When did you escape from prison?
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by soap View Post
                                Hey. You’re back. When did you escape from prison?
                                LOL! Did you see how old this thread is?

Comment

Working...
                                X