202 veterans headstones stolen; guilty plea expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    It says they were valued at $600 each, but they were free to the cemetery. I bet they were donated and the only true loss is the persons labor who made them.

I would rather see them be put to use than destroyed.
    valued at $600/ea... actual cost to manufacture in the private sector = $6.00
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      veterans really are kind of giving themselves a bad rap lately for getting so pissed off at the most mundane things. They are several legitimate things to complain and be concerned about, but this is very, very far from being one of them.

I think things like this help us identify the veterans who truly need help.
      I agree. And then you see scary shit like this:
      Jovano Graves' parents begged him not to join the Army right out of high school in 2003, when U.S. troops were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

And then you experience it when you meet with friends who have joined up that call everyone civilians or say things like "fucking civilians can't do anything right".
      That indoctrination must be crazy effective.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I agree. And then you see scary shit like this:
        Jovano Graves' parents begged him not to join the Army right out of high school in 2003, when U.S. troops were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That indoctrination must be crazy effective.
        The indoctrination is effective, you want to succeed and not fail?

Can you clarify what you mean by "scary shit like this?"
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It may be irrational (I'll admit my first response to quite a few things is rage) but when I picture him taking headstones with these men and women's names on them along with the branch of service and driving them into mud to provide a stepping stone for his shop or the kitchen, it boils my blood. If they were pulverized and then sold as granite chunks for whatever use, fine. You're dealing with someone's name, someone who gave everything they could in defense of their country, driven into mud so that someone can save some cash and have a pretty floor.

That is disgusting to me.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            It may be irrational (I'll admit my first response to quite a few things is rage) but when I picture him taking headstones with these men and women's names on them along with the branch of service and driving them into mud to provide a stepping stone for his shop or the kitchen, it boils my blood. If they were pulverized and then sold as granite chunks for whatever use, fine. You're dealing with someone's name, someone who gave everything they could in defense of their country, driven into mud so that someone can save some cash and have a pretty floor.

That is disgusting to me.
            That makes no, fucking, sense.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              That makes no, fucking, sense.
              At all, Frost's a loon.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                At all, Frost's a loon.
                He's missing a not insignificant portion of grey matter so I'm not too upset when he says crazy shit.

Comment

I completely expect outburst's of insanity, due to the medical condition, but I would hope reflection at a later time would reveal some of the crazy back to him. Most of the time, he sticks to those crazy guns to the very end.
                  sigpic

Comment

at the end of the day, it's government property, and it's disrespectful of veterans

I pretty much don't give a shit, but you gotta know who/what you're fucking with if you're gonna fuck with stuff
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      At all, Frost's a loon.
                      I must be a loon too, I agree with him. I'd also not be happy about if they were not specifically Veterans - but it does tweak me a little more since it's at a Memorial Cemetery.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I am a loon but you have to look at it from the viewpoint of someone who has laid his brothers to rest under those headstones and almost had one himself. Someone that has a grandfather buried under a military headstone. It's disrespectful, it's theft of government property and he should be punished accordingly by going to the VA hospitals and cleaning bedpans while explaining to every veteran there exactly what he did, in detail.

"Excuse me sir. Your doctor said you have 3 months to live. I'm here because I took headstones that were carved for your brothers and sisters and tiled my bathroom and used a couple hundred to make a nice floor for my workshop. We're cool right?"

Tell me, if you laid someone to rest under those marble stones, would you be pissed about someone stealing them and tiling a kitchen with them?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          He's missing a not insignificant portion of grey matter so I'm not too upset when he says crazy shit.
                          The grey matter is there, it's just ripped to hell. Doc says it's like I did acid for a few decades with the lesions and tears in the soft tissue. Concussion waves are a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            I am a loon but you have to look at it from the viewpoint of someone who has laid his brothers to rest under those headstones and almost had one himself. Someone that has a grandfather buried under a military headstone. It's disrespectful, it's theft of government property and he should be punished accordingly by going to the VA hospitals and cleaning bedpans while explaining to every veteran there exactly what he did, in detail.

"Excuse me sir. Your doctor said you have 3 months to live. I'm here because I took headstones that were carved for your brothers and sisters and tiled my bathroom and used a couple hundred to make a nice floor for my workshop. We're cool right?"

Tell me, if you laid someone to rest under those marble stones, would you be pissed about someone stealing them and tiling a kitchen with them?
                            You mean like if the national cemetery in GP where my brother's grave is? If they replaced his due to age and weather, I wouldnt give the slightest thought to what happened to the old one.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              You mean like if the national cemetery in GP where my brother's grave is? If they replaced his due to age and weather, I wouldnt give the slightest thought to what happened to the old one.
                              This. It's not like the guy was stealing the headstones off graves and ransoming them back to the families of the dead.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                No shit. it's not like they're suddenly just going to leave unmarked graves around.

These are headstones that are being REPLACED. There is still a headstone/marker on the grave. Who, in a sane world, would give a shit what happens to the old material that is just going to the trash or some other place to be broken down? A tax payer got them, and repurposed them, instead of some government entity repurposing and reselling them using more tax payer money.

Fucking shit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X