Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, South of McAllen...

Shootout in Reynosa...

Once again the Mexican border city of Reynosa was the stage of violent firefights. Gulf Cartel gunmen exchanged gunfire barrages with Mexican police and military forces. However, the Tamaulipas government remains quiet about the casualties.

The shoot-outs were reported by citizen journalists earlier this week in various areas of the city. The reports pointed to various trucks filled with gunmen exchanging gunshots with police and military. Additional gunmen responding to the scenes of the shoot-outs.

The City of Reynosa even sent out an alert on social media warning the public about a “situation of risk” along Boulevard Hidalgo. This is one of the main roads that crosses the city. The message warned citizens to avoid the areas near Narciso Mendoza and Caracoles neighborhoods.

----------------

A few notes...

I thought guns were banned in Mexico
    Any Lions killed?
    Were Confederate Battle Flags involved?

I've only been to Reynosa once, when I was 12. The only thing that I remember is seeing this for the first time:
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

My nanna retired is south TX and her house was 7 miles from the Matamoros bridge. I used to drive across the bridge to go to the stores and to site see by myself when I was 12. It was a sleepy little place back then and you had to go looking for trouble to find any.

See what the war on drugs has accomplished. Wonderful isn't it.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I was down there with my family around the same time... I was probably ten and my brother and sister were three years younger. the biggest "problem" was the kids selling gum
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          I was down there with my family around the same time... I was probably ten and my brother and sister were three years younger. the biggest "problem" was the kids selling gum
          And them jumping on your car to clean your windshield
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

we walked across! LOL
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              we walked across! LOL
              Makes sense lol
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

In 30 years we can all move to Mexico it will be empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  In 30 years we can all move to Mexico it will be empty.
                  They're adding manufacturing jobs hardcore. In 30 years we may be sneaking over there for employment.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    They're adding manufacturing jobs hardcore. In 30 years we may be sneaking over there for employment.
                    Yep. We represent several companies that have plants in Monterrey.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X