No announcement yet.

Is a Recession Looming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Bear" will awake from hibernation soon. Every attempted rally will be sold into. Dead cats only bounce so high lol

Comment

I think an increase in rates wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Might put a damper on all of these ridiculous housing prices here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I think after they start raising rates we'll get a mild recession. If the ten year goes to 3.0% it will destroy housing. They are going to have to let housing tank and then give it some time to recover at more sustainable rates.
        FML, I want housing to hit hot rock mode

almost pulled the trigger on something, but probably going to sit back and try to hold out til spring or so. I might could wait a year, but I'm fucking itching for something else
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          You'll find the market to look better for buying soon.
          But will the increase in rates make it actually any cheaper than it is now with high prices and low rates?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            But will the increase in rates make it actually any cheaper than it is now with high prices and low rates?
            C.R.E.A.M.

Cowskin Rugs Errday Allday Motherfucker!!!

(it will be a cash-heavy purchase)
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Even if you were going to put 10-20% down, payments to principle always knock down the real cost of interest. That's what you should be shooting for, Sean.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

rates go up my payment goes down so a hike wont be all that bad . sooner or later they will have to do it . reality is they have fucked up our economy so bad they dont know how to fix it.
                i look on these forums to see if there is a glimmer of hope that the younger folks are getting fed up and fired up . i look at our 11 year old godson and wonder how heavy the load will be for him. if he stays on the farm he will survive , if he goes another direction i just dont know. sucks getting old and loosing your perspective on things.
                you young guys get this shit figured out and fix it . imho we are going to get a taste of 29 soon .

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  Right. Using this idle time to build that big down payment. I don't think the rate to price ratio will be consistent, though. I believe prices might drop faster than the rates will increase. Maybe not at first, but give it a minute.
                  Prices will probably surge on the first few increases. Then you will see just how much investment inventory gets dumped into the market, and itll all come falling.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    rates go up my payment goes down so a hike wont be all that bad . sooner or later they will have to do it . reality is they have fucked up our economy so bad they dont know how to fix it.
                    i look on these forums to see if there is a glimmer of hope that the younger folks are getting fed up and fired up . i look at our 11 year old godson and wonder how heavy the load will be for him. if he stays on the farm he will survive , if he goes another direction i just dont know. sucks getting old and loosing your perspective on things.
                    you young guys get this shit figured out and fix it . imho we are going to get a taste of 29 soon .
                    How do your rates going up make your payment go down?

Comment

land bank . the better their profit the better for me. we pay on average 10 payments a year. on a good year 9 . so if their rates go up my return goes up .
                      works for me . my rate is locked .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        land bank . the better their profit the better for me. we pay on average 10 payments a year. on a good year 9 . so if their rates go up my return goes up .
                        works for me . my rate is locked .
                        So you have investment income that relies on interest rates, and a fixed rate mortgage? I still don't understand what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          I still don't understand what you're saying.
                          That makes 3 of us.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

texas land bank which is a coop. one of the few ways to finance land without improvements . to get a loan you buy shares at closing and each year you get a return . we end up paying 9-10 payments a year. beats the hell out of the fha loans i've had. our best year was 3 1/2 payments .

Comment

I see now. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

that's 3 1/2 paid by dividends not total.

Comment

Working...
                                X