• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

lol, buzzfeed.
      sigpic

Comment

So basically, someone is called out for lying, and that person's response is "nuh-uh"? That is debunking it?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

He married the mother of his children = not black.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
            He married the mother of his children = not black.
            sigpic

Comment

basically to say that some right wing sight makes some shit up = true?

it's all right, cause he's all white, right?

Comment

From your link:

"Despite tweeting more than 30 times about the allegations, King never directly addressed the charge that his father is a white man. BuzzFeed News asked King about the claim, but received no response."
                So... it reads like they want to support his side, but don't have any factual basis for doing so.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  From your link:
                  So... it reads like they want to support his side, but don't have any factual basis for doing so.
                  You just need to be a naynay to BELIEVE!
                  sigpic

Comment

here http://www.vox.com/2015/8/19/9180389...ersy-explained

he explains that like many of our families, his is full of lies, divorce, affairs, etc. Sure that guy may be on his birth certificate, but what does that mean? How many do we know here who are raising children that are not theirs (against their knowledge.) I can name a few.

From his best friend:

Shea Gold
                    Unfortunately, it seems that several groups on the Internet are spreading lies about an event that happened at my high school while I was a student there. This is a problem for me, because they were not first-hand witnesses, nor are any of their sources.
                    I, however, was there and saw it happen.

I have been asked to post my memory of that day, which I am happy to do. It involves another student at the time, Shaun King.

I was a senior in high school and had just walked out of the band room when I saw Shaun walking towards me in the hall. For my entire high school career, I cannot recall saying anything more than 'hello' to him. However, this day no such exchange took place. Before it could happen, Shaun was quite literally ambushed by a large group of large people.

He never saw what hit him. He never had a chance. I didn't stop to count how many attacked him, but the number was easily in the neighborhood of a dozen. They were big white farm boys, all members of the FFA. Immediately a crowd formed while they stomped the life right out of Shaun, who couldn't have weighed much more than 100 pounds, if at all.

I remember not being able to get close, certainly not close enough to interfere. The attackers had formed a circle around the debacle and would not let anyone in. It stuck in my mind for years as the most disgusting thing I had ever seen.

It couldn't have lasted long. As soon as the chaos attracted the attention of two teachers, it was over and the attackers deftly dispersed. There was blood all over the floor.

I hung around in mute horror, not believing what I had just seen. I had had a fairly sheltered upbringing and my first brush with violence had left an impression.

So now, in 2015, various organizations on the Internet have taken the stance that this incident never happened. This view seems to stem from one specific article making the observation that the police account and public records of this incident do not coincide with Shaun's account. For example, the police report says there was only one attacker, not a dozen. It also states that Shaun's injuries were very minor.

What the article does not discuss is the political and social climate of that place and time, and how those factors had an effect on the fallout from this incident. This is Versailles (pronouced ver-SAY-els), Kentucky in 1995. I believe the population around that time was it about 6000 or so. When a minority gets almost beaten to death in a small rural town's high school, it is every civic leader's nightmare. In 1995, in Versailles, it could have potentially made national headlines, had the story gotten out. But unfortunately, it did not, and no residents of Versailles, Kentucky should be surprised. By this point in the reading, you should have surmised that any investigating officer would have felt heavy, intense pressure from all sides. The last thing Woodford County High School wanted was for this story to be on the front page of the local paper. You don't have to interview school administrators to know that. The city's elected leaders did not want this getting out because they wanted to keep their jobs. And the local police needed to keep a tight lid on this so that they would not look like jackasses.

So Shaun's injuries were downplayed to just a scratch in the police report. The FFA guys had planned ahead for one of them to take the fall for all. The investigating officer was happy to put that detail in his report. Nor was he eager to interview witnesses, having never asked me a single question.

When you read about incidents like these, it's very easy to imagine that details were left out, memories are hazy, things are made up. If you are having such reservations about this story, please understand that I have no agenda. I was not close with Shaun in high school, and I have not spoken with him since. I am in no way related to his efforts to combat racism. Nor was I ever close with his attackers. I relate my memories of this day only so people will know what really happened. I was one of a very few people that saw it with their own eyes.

There it is. It happened.

Comment

There is only one way to be sure.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Working...
                        X