Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got the lawn raked and mowed. What fertilizer/pre-emergent should I put down today? Stuff I thought I was going to use says not to use on just starting to green grass.

Comment

Id look into 2,4D

Comment

I put out some round up pre emergent and since I was a little late, used round up on all the crap that has shot up, and over the granite area in case I missed anything. The pre emergent did start taking it's toll on some of the not so hearty weeds that were popped up before I hit it with the other. Now I need to go get some gas. The war on ants is real! I swear I poison the yard every year and they just come on back. Destructive bastards.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          Id look into 2,4D
          2,4d will slow down if not put grass back into dormancy if not careful, this time of year when grass is just beginning to green up.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
            2,4d will slow down if not put grass back into dormancy if not careful, this time of year when grass is just beginning to green up.
            What about Trimec? It apparently kills henbit which I have a lot of out back.

Comment

Trimec is 2,4d, label states not to apply when emerging from winter dormancy .
              I use Celsius at 2.5 ounces per acre , there is a chart for smaller spot spraying on the label.
              It’s the safest product you can use , I can’t speak for anything else , this and certainty are all I use starting in the spring.

Comment

What can I use to kill this stupid shit off? I have 2 areas of my yard this is fairly dominant in. I used some Scott's weed N feed, other weeds in the area died off, this shit is still going strong! It pulls up easily, but I'd rather not have clumps of plain dirt where this comes out.

Comment

I came here to start this thread, and it looks like I am way behind!

I missed my spring pre emergent, with the torrential rains in february, all of the weeds from the back yard got carried to the front.

Last weekend I hit the whole yard with round up weed killer (Weed killer safe for grass) through a hose end sprayer. It did pretty good on the broad leaf stuff. This weekend I serviced the mower and scalped everything. Tomorrow I'll be rebuilding hose seals, checking the flowerbed irrigation and re-mulching. Hopefully my progress from last year carries over to this year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

My yard is coming back nicely, minimal weeds since I did pre emergent twice this year.. too bad I just sold my house and my new yard is a fucking wreck.. it’s infested with dallisgrass.. I fear I’ll have to nuke my yard this year and start over
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      My yard is coming back nicely, minimal weeds since I did pre emergent twice this year.. too bad I just sold my house and my new yard is a fucking wreck.. it’s infested with dallisgrass.. I fear I’ll have to nuke my yard this year and start over
                      Mine was the same way when I bought it. It took 3 years to bring it back to something resembling a yard. MSMA is a must.

Comment

alright i did something stupid to my spots of my yard.. i hit the weeds back in mid feb with weed killer and most of my bermuda now has turned back to green except those spots..they are either dormant which i highly doubt or dead which is what im leaning towards. What do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                          alright i did something stupid to my spots of my yard.. i hit the weeds back in mid feb with weed killer and most of my bermuda now has turned back to green except those spots..they are either dormant which i highly doubt or dead which is what im leaning towards. What do I do?
                          Seed? Sod? Just wait for the bare spot to fill in? Bermuda spreads pretty quick
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I am sorry. What i meant was, I spot sprayed my yard for some weeds that had popped up and now thosesame areas have nothing growing but everything else is green. The grass in those spots still look dormant.

Comment

Give it a little bit. Grass is just starting to green. If it got stressed, it will come in. If it was already coming out of dormancy, it may be dead.

With as much rain as we have had, fertilize at the appropriate time, and it should spread through those brown spots pretty quick.

Comment

Yeah that's what I was wondering if the grass would grow through the dead spots or if I had tobdig up those spots and put dirt down which I didn't really want to do :/

Comment

Working...
                                X