Low E windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    I feel like you didnt even read what I wrote.
    I read it, I was just expanding on the topic. Yes, leaks out. I am sure there is a lottttt of quality control when adding gas to a window. I mean how do you test that!

I did drive up your street yesterday. I guess I need to go look at that thread again. I was like, maybe that one, or that one. About to be some even bigger houses close to that area. On fire I tell ya.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I read it, I was just expanding on the topic. Yes, leaks out. I am sure there is a lottttt of quality control when adding gas to a window. I mean how do you test that!

I did drive up your street yesterday. I guess I need to go look at that thread again. I was like, maybe that one, or that one. About to be some even bigger houses close to that area. On fire I tell ya.
      if you'd like, I can take you and show you how they are made. Or you can call that number I sent you, and he can, it's his company.

Yep, they were trying to build smaller one story houses, and a customer wanted that big one, so they opened up several bigger plans. They have yet to break ground on the next street, and it's 1/2 sold or more.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If your house have aluminum frames the window guy told me it's illegal or something to repair those. I don't know if that's BS or not
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

When we did our we had the original aluminum frame single pane windows that were installed when the house was built in 1957. We put in vinyl, double pane, double hung, low e glass w/argon. We had them done by Window World. The difference is HUGE. 12 windows installed was about $4900. Our house is about 1500 square feet and the thermostat stays at 73F 24hrs a day. Last month my electric bill was $128
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            if you'd like, I can take you and show you how they are made. Or you can call that number I sent you, and he can, it's his company.

Yep, they were trying to build smaller one story houses, and a customer wanted that big one, so they opened up several bigger plans. They have yet to break ground on the next street, and it's 1/2 sold or more.
            I meant some of these fly by night window repair places. Not the new ones.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              I meant some of these fly by night window repair places. Not the new ones.
              almost none of the installers make anything. There are a few manufacturers in texas.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                Having a connection is always a good thing!

I wish my house was siding, I would have swapped mine out already!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                Replacing windows in brick looks ridiculously easy. What is the hesitation?
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                  Replacing windows in brick looks ridiculously easy. What is the hesitation?
                  Broken brick, improper seal, etc.

My house was built in 1986. So finding brick to match if something gets broken would be impossible.

They can be removed and installed from the inside, though i have concerns with them getting sealed and flashed properly. Everything is under a 12" eave, but it is always a concern

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Update: Ordered the windows a couple days after this post. Just got installed last Thursday. I went with window world. Very pleased with the results. House of more comfortable in every room. My 2 west windows aren't on fire at 5:30pm like they used to be. I got rid of the colonial grids so they look alot better IMO. I'm pleased with the results. Now I have to get some decent blinds on them, which just got ordered on Monday.

Comment

Nice, I'm loving my new window. The front room stays much cooler.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                      X