Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents: What to do about a terrible teacher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell them that dinosaurs aren't around anymore. I'm a preschool teacher and we did a unit on dinosaurs, where all week we learned about different types, hatched an 'egg', etc. and on the last day a student asked where we could go see them. I said we can only go see their bones since they aren't around anymore. I'll never forget the look of absolute shock on their faces. I now make sure to mention it earlier in the unit.
    I don't know why, but that cracked me the hell up...
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      No, you posted the whole lot on one of your many tirades, Mr Smallwood, and it's laughable given the amount of shit you spew.
      250k in retirement accounts? Shit, you can buy a beach house and retire on that, can't you!? /s

The next CHOO CHOO is whatever this asshole does for a living.

Comment

You mention having talked to numerous teachers before with problems.... It doesn't sound like the teacher is the common denominator.

Comment

an asshat teacher will never be fired . admin will cave every time . small districts are more likely to act . forget the OCR as they are toothless and useless unless you are a minority . it comes down to a deal. i wont be at every meeting raising hell and you stop being an ass . but stand up to the bastards . they count on parents to be mia . school admin is like prom king , even a blithering dumbass can win .

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
            You mention having talked to numerous teachers before with problems.... It doesn't sound like the teacher is the common denominator.
            I see what you’re trying to imply, but that is not the case. We’re talking about a smart girl who hates to be in trouble. She’s had an overly hostile teacher before that we went a few rounds with. That’s where these “dealing with difficult personalities” lessons have been been learned before.

Comment

Speaking of terrible teachers......

Five Amarillo Independent School District employees are on administrative leave following a viral Facebook post that alleges several district teachers negatively discussed working with students with …

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                I see what you’re trying to imply, but that is not the case. We’re talking about a smart girl who hates to be in trouble. She’s had an overly hostile teacher before that we went a few rounds with. That’s where these “dealing with difficult personalities” lessons have been been learned before.
                I was actually implying it's you or your daughter's mother. Was truly just half kidding but based on all your replies in this thread you give the perception of a little overbearing and don't have your listening ears on.

In all seriousness I hope it works out. you may realize that you may need to adjust your expectations/behaviour along with the expected changes from the educator. Rarely does a single student have run In a with multiple teachers... the problem is often on the other side when a family has continued problems with teachers from yr to yr.
                Last edited by akfodysvn; 10-18-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                  Speaking of terrible teachers......

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...-facebook-post
                  The mother
                  Attached Files
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sounds like shop talk to me...and I think they may be right about the mother...

Comment

From a teacher's perspective, admin have to gather a LOT of data and have documentation on teachers who are under performing. And it has to be habitual. Email her every single time you have any issue, copy the assistant principal, the principal and find out who is over elementary curriculum in your district and copy them, too. They need hard evidence. If every parent would do this, we could get rid of a lot of #expired teachers.
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

We had a teacher an he hated his job an pretty much all the kids. Some teachers need to be forced out. I always back the teachers when they are right

Comment

Working...
                        X