Vasectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I was told I should be done and ready to come home by 11 am Monday. It all depends on how long it takes me to wake up and to pee. Tempted to do before and after pictures for some of you nutty bastards.
    Wait... WUT? Monday?

So I'm just now seeing this thread, but I got mine done about 2.5 years ago and it's the best decision I've ever made. It was $50 for my copay. That said, I did no scalpel in and out of the Dr. Office in about 30 minutes. I drove myself, even had sex the next morning (even though you're not supposed to but whatevs, wasn't bad just had to be careful) and there's only one place I went wrong, I didn't have 2-3 strong drinks first. The only bad part is the nervousness and that first shot. Beyond that, you feel the Dr. working down there but no pain, it's strange. I just took my headphones and listened to music and told the Dr. I'd be trying not to listen or think about what was going on.

If you're doing full on sedation and surgery in my opinion that's WAY overkill. But, to each his own.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Yeah, fuck needles in my nuts. Especially when I'm awake.

So, Brookshires cashier was wondering why I bought a dozen bags of frozen peas. Look on her face when I said "I like to rub them on my nuts?" Priceless
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Well that wasn't too bad. The docs loaded me up with happy juice before I went into the operating room so I was out when I hit the table. I have some Tylenol 3 and was told to not lift over 5 pounds for a few days, no biggie.

I get home and my brother's giant German Shephard which is pretty much feral because he thought it'd be cute to teach this dog to bite and scratch everyone, had his water dish upside down. He was last fed and watered yesterday morning so I had to drag his 5 gallon water bucket out there with water in it so he didn't die because my brother brought his stuff here, dropped everything off, wrecked my bike so I'd sell it to him, didn't pay me for that, blew the back tire off of it and left me a giant ass dog to feed and care for.

On a pleasant note, pain is a bitch and I'm waiting on the pain killers to kick in

Comment

Trigger pull > dragging 5 gallons after vasectomy.

Comment

I can't harm an animal that is innocent and his owner is an idiot. Since I got back, I don't like harming animals, especially one that is of no danger to me. I did walk out of the hospital and then drove home after picking up my pain killers.

Comment

BTW - I think it was already mentioned, but just being on your feet too much will make the recovery take longer and hurt a little more....so try to stay off of your feet as much as possible. Tight underwear helped me a bunch in those first few days too.

GL
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Damn I need to get it done soon I'm getting married and we don't want kids but are scared of having an accident.
                My brother in law said he felt like he could get kicked in the nuts and wouldn't flinch. Are you experiencing Any numbness or lack of feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                  Damn I need to get it done soon I'm getting married and we don't want kids but are scared of having an accident.
                  My brother in law said he felt like he could get kicked in the nuts and wouldn't flinch. Are you experiencing Any numbness or lack of feeling?
                  Dude, don't use this thread as an example of what you should do... It's not that bad, get no-scalpel and you're fine! Feels like you got kicked in the junk for a day or so, within a week it's pretty much just a normal day. The vasectomy hurt less than my hand does when I write a day care check.

Stevo

Comment

Oh it's not that bad, I just lifted far more than I should have immediately after surgery. I have been sleeping off and on and am laying on the couch with this compression short thing that the hospital gave me that is like a jock strap and ice on my crotch

Comment

Oh it's not that bad, I just lifted far more than I should have immediately after surgery. I have been sleeping off and on and am laying on the couch with this compression short thing that the hospital gave me that is like a jock strap and ice on my crotch
                      If you have all those issues, you had either the wrong surgeon or the wrong surgery... Did you get no scalpel? Seriously, I was in and out in 20 minutes, drove myself home, had a few beers and put some peas on my sack... had sex the next day.

Stevo

Comment

Hell if I know. I went in and went to sleep, woke up and drove home. Again, I'm only in pain because I lugged a 5 gallon bucket of water across almost an acre to water a dog instead of not lifting anything more than 5 pounds for the next 48 hours. Before that, it was a slight throb and that's it. Since my nap? No big deal, on the couch with my ice.

Comment

Hell if I know. I went in and went to sleep, woke up and drove home. Again, I'm only in pain because I lugged a 5 gallon bucket of water across almost an acre to water a dog instead of not lifting anything more than 5 pounds for the next 48 hours. Before that, it was a slight throb and that's it. Since my nap? No big deal, on the couch with my ice.
                          You don't know?!?!?!? We are talking about your nuts here right? And you don't know every last detail of what was being done to them?

Based on your indifference in this matter and the extreme measures you took, are you sure you didn't get a hysterectomy?

Stevo

Comment

I have been thinking of getting it done here lately, with 2 boys I think im good, the wife wasnt on board at first due to religious reasons but I have convinced her its for the better, probably gonna go thru it sometime during December

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Went fishing that afternoon. Just sat n the back with a buddy doing ALL the work getting the boat launched.

Caught a 4 lbs. bass.

Take it easy for a few days and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                You don't know?!?!?!? We are talking about your nuts here right? And you don't know every last detail of what was being done to them?

Based on your indifference in this matter and the extreme measures you took, are you sure you didn't get a hysterectomy?
                                You have to keep in mind, I've had more impressive surgeries. This wasn't that big of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X