4 Day Water Only Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
    I do intermittent fasting. 24hrs at a time. I eat one high fat, medium protein, no carb/sugar meal daily. I cannot explain how much clearer I feel eliminating the sugars. Listen to Joe Rogan on Ketosis. Pretty interesting diet, which I have already seen results in just 3 weeks. I strongly recommend looking into to this.
    me and the gf have been doing a lazy keto diet for the past couple of months and the improvements are certainly noticeable. the "American diet" as it's referred is complete garbage and it's no surprise we're an obese and sick nation.

Did you see the AHA study about coconut oil being as bad for you as butter and beef fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
      Well,i cheated
      I did 26 hours and said, screw it.

Ate a small salad yesterday evening. Thats it. Haha

I might do small salad this evening again. Will see. Havent ate anything today.
      Eating clean I'm sure you will still see results doing 2 24 hours fasts a week.

So I just broke my fast today of 96 hours this time. And I went from 201 to 194 which is pretty damn surprising! I like to make a conscious effort to not change my daily routine as far as working out. I lifted everyday and yesterday I did a chest session and then 2 hours of BJJ after and I was past 72 hours at that point. I still haven't really experienced the intense focus people have talked about and although I felt relatively normal the whole time I definitely wasn't 100 percent and I was a little weaker in the gym. There have been studies which show no difference in aerobic ability during a fast versus non fasted. Maybe its just mental. I will be happy if I can keep at least half the weight off that I lost on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
        Pretty sure it's a chemical imbalance thing, not some purity thing. And I would be careful calling hallucinations harmless. Some are, some aren't. Usually, it's a sign that something is *wrong* with your body.
        Undernutrition, malnutrition and starvation can lead to many physical symptoms and often go hand in hand with psychiatric disorders including anorexia nervosa and depression.

http://dujs.dartmouth.edu/2009/11/ha.../#.WUgofWjyu70
        So the book I referenced earlier mentioned a case where a WWII POW in the midst of his starvation learned Norwegian in a few weeks (This comes from the book Unbroken). Fasts boost cognitive function as described here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-affect-brain

Comment

Are any of you gents lifting weights currently, and how has the fasting impacted you from that aspect? My assumption would be that most weight lost is purely water and toxins, but I can't expect that one wouldn't also burn some muscle due to the lack of calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Are any of you gents lifting weights currently, and how has the fasting impacted you from that aspect? My assumption would be that most weight lost is purely water and toxins, but I can't expect that one wouldn't also burn some muscle due to the lack of calories.
            I go hard in the gym 2 days on, 1 day off. My routines take me 1.5-2hrs a day depending on what I am doing. I am limiting my fasts to 24-36 but not going into gym during an extended fast. But I also daily intermittent fast 17/7. I drink TONS of water. Probably around 1-2 gallons a day, every day. I sweat a ton out throughout the day and even more in the gym. When I did the 53 hour fast last week, I lost 4 pounds. Since breaking that fast, I have kept the same 4 pounds off. Once I brought the food back on, my workout was the same if not a little better than last week same routine.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Look at my previous posts. Also, there have been numerous studies showing that the weight lost is all fat and lean tissue (muscle) did not change (in several intermittent fasting subjects their lean tissue actually increased). One study in particular was a guy that did a 3 week fast. If you think logically, your body stores fat for energy reserves. So, if you still have fat available your body isn't going to go after your muscle because that is counter productive. You need your muscle to find that next meal.

Comment

From what a couple of nutritional scientists have said on joe rogans podcast is that fasting puts you in a ketogenic state, so your body is using fat reserve as the energy source. (Already been said, I know). Also since you aren't eating, your body isn't having to produce insulin. So when you lift you're bodies hgh levels go up, then you eat and your body produces insulin To battle glucose and insulin also kills your hgh levels. So while it was said by one scientist that 90/10(debated) is the common ratio at which your body uses fat/muscle while fasting. Your bodies hgh levels are much higher and much more sustained since insulin isn't killing it so that is countering the muscle loss and In most cases lean mass stays the same. Some lose and very few even gain mass but most studies showed it remains about the same. That's my jist of how they described it works.
                Last edited by Wish4svts; 06-21-2017, 04:01 AM.
                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

My assumption would be that most weight lost is purely water and toxins, but I can't expect that one wouldn't also burn some muscle due to the lack of calories.
                  30 lbs in 2 months. I was overweight, now I'm not. Simple but true. That'd be a lot of water...

I do intermittent fasting. Where you always skip breakfast. I wait 6 hours every day after waking up before I'll eat anything at all. As a species its looking more and more like we don't need breakfast. It serves to make people tired and fat. Its also typically made out of trash that a goat wouldn't eat. So there's that to consider. A couple of corrected corporate/advertising lies below:

1. Breakfast is the worst meal of the day

2. Milk. Does a body harm.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    30 lbs in 2 months. I was overweight, now I'm not. Simple but true. That'd be a lot of water...

I do intermittent fasting. Where you always skip breakfast. I wait 6 hours every day after waking up before I'll eat anything at all. As a species its looking more and more like we don't need breakfast. It serves to make people tired and fat. Its also typically made out of trash that a goat wouldn't eat. So there's that to consider. A couple of corrected corporate/advertising lies below:

I would not agree with #1 in the slightest... and I enjoy intermittent fasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      LOL... that's crap. That's only true if the only thing you know is horking down a few McGriddles every day or eating a mound of bacon and eggs and drinking the grease to wash it down.

Nothing does you harm if it's done in moderation. If you don't have the discipline then yes, stay away from it.

Of course.. this is coming from dude who was repping 100lb db's and building a wooden DB rack...

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                        From what a couple of nutritional scientists have said on joe rogans podcast is that fasting puts you in a ketogenic state, so your body is using fat reserve as the energy source. (Already been said, I know). Also since you aren't eating, your body isn't having to produce insulin. So when you lift you're bodies hgh levels go up, then you eat and your body produces insulin To battle glucose and insulin also kills your hgh levels. So while it was said by one scientist that 90/10(debated) is the common ratio at which your body uses fat/muscle while fasting. Your bodies hgh levels are much higher and much more sustained since insulin isn't killing it so that is countering the muscle loss and In most cases lean mass stays the same. Some lose and very few even gain mass but most studies showed it remains about the same. That's my jist of how they described it works.
                        This is oversimplifying insulin. Your body makes insulin whether you eat or not, just much smaller amounts. Ask anyone with an insulin pump about their basal rate (me, Rob, etc.)

This rest is interesting, for sure.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          This is oversimplifying insulin. Your body makes insulin whether you eat or not, just much smaller amounts. Ask anyone with an insulin pump about their basal rate (me, Rob, etc.)

Doesn't the body eventually stop making insulin for type 1 patients?

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post

Absolutely agree, I only wanted to explain it in a specific context that fit the topic. I dumbed it down for myself mainly.

Comment

Understood.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                                Doesn't the body eventually stop making insulin for type 1 patients?
                                Type 1s are basically born with it. It's an autoimmune disease where the body destroys the cells that make insulin so those people have to have exogenous insulin.

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                                I would not agree with #1 in the slightest... and I enjoy intermittent fasting.
                                He's on the right track but it depends on how you look at it. From everything I have read, hunger is at its lowest in the morning and it is greatest in the evening. So, if you were going to skip a meal it's reasonable to assume breakfast would be the easiest meal to skip. However, your metabolism peaks in the morning and is at its lowest in the evening so in actuality you would probably benefit more by skipping dinner instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X