both toilets and shower wont drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• both toilets and shower wont drain

I have ran a bunch of different versions of drano through with no success. Will a snake get me back in business? Never done this before

Your main line is clogged. Get a plumber to come out and snake it.

Comment

Are you in a house or an apartment? If you are in a house, go out and find your clean out, pull the cap off. That will at the very least let it drain if the problem is between the clean out and the city side. If it still doesn't drain the problem is somewhere between the drain closest to the clean out and the clean out itself. And, as sc281 stated, call a plumber, not sure if you can find one working on a Saturday, depends on your area.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

It'll have to be a

wait for it

Texas Rat Snake. Yeahhhhhh!

Seriously though, it may be time to give a plumber a call.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Shit like this just stinks ya know

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Are you in a house or an apartment? If you are in a house, go out and find your clean out, pull the cap off. That will at the very least let it drain if the problem is between the clean out and the city side. If it still doesn't drain the problem is somewhere between the drain closest to the clean out and the clean out itself. And, as sc281 stated, call a plumber, not sure if you can find one working on a Saturday, depends on your area.
            A house. Working on trying to find a plumber now

Comment

I have a power snake and would be happy to give you a hand if you are close. What part of town are you in?
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

You can rent a snake from HD. If you don't have a clean out, you have I get on the roof and go through the vent stack. I'd call around though. My plumber only charges a service call, which is $75, and he's done in 15 minutes, and I think the snake rental is around $65.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  You can rent a snake from HD. If you don't have a clean out, you have I get on the roof and go through the vent stack. I'd call around though. My plumber only charges a service call, which is $75, and he's done in 15 minutes, and I think the snake rental is around $65.
                  This! I had to use one on my rent house.
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Time to get rid of those tree roots!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      Time to get rid of those tree roots!
                      Crape mertle roots...
                      It's a new house so you know they can't waste money on such a thing as a tree

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        I have a power snake and would be happy to give you a hand if you are close. What part of town are you in?
                        That'd be awesome but I'm locking my dog up...
                        jk. I work today so maybe tomorrow

Comment

I've tried this one. Not as handy too limp.
                          So I bought me one of these.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products-95040-2-Inch-40-Foot/dp/B000H5MWXG/ref=pd_cp_hi_2[/ame]

It works better for me. Snakeing drains is dirty, messy work. A plumber isn't that expensive but I ain't a DFWM baller so I do it myself. Three girls and a wife equals all kinds of substances and articles down the drain.
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                            Crape mertle roots...
                            It's a new house so you know they can't waste money on such a thing as a tree
                            Our first house had two crape myrtles in the middle of the front yard. This was about the time Wolfe nursury went out of business(mid ninties). We wrangled two nice live oaks for $45 each so I dug up the cms and transplanted them on the lot line on the other side of the driveway. I put the oaks in the cm holes. Last time I drove by those oaks were about a foot and a half in diameter and were shading the house as I had hoped(the cms are huge too). Too bad we outgrew that place. Trees are rarely a bad investment. Good luck with yours.
                            Rich

Comment

Could be air bubble as well.. have you checked the vent?

Comment

Working...
                              X