Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever do a long float down the Brazos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    was that not where HarrisonTX lost all his gear a couple years ago?

either way I think talking to him would be wise, as planning for a trip via kayak is much different than any other mode of transportation .
    I never lost any gear, that was another user here, and if I recall correctly eventually his go-pro was returned? I don't think it was on the brazos either.

I had a post about canoeing the brazos from whitney dam south during floor stage that you might be remembering. Many members advised against it and assured almost certain death. It was one of the funnest canoe trips i've done to date.

South of PK dam is a pretty damn nice trip, I've done a ton of the river from PK all the way down to i35 in waco. I wouldnt want to attempt the entire thing, where the river gets wide its not a fun paddle.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

If youre serious about a cool float, 3 weeks ago i drove to Arkansas and Floated the Buffalo River. It's one of 5 national rivers in the country. Pretty neat.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Great replies! I could do Arkansas and love it up there and do agree it is a prettier trip. I was thinking this would be cool because it would be a Texas trip, also I know people on all of the lakes so I could stop and hang out/rest. It's been a few years since I have done a good camping trip and I guess being in Houston right now has me Jonesing to gtfo into nature lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Prison hoe's, like Orange is the new black?
          Guys that chop weeds in cotton fields with heavy hoes are called a "Hoe squad".

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Did the sight of you magically convert them all to heterosexual and cause a spontaneous group orgasm?
          Even as a joke that makes no fucking sense.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Back in college when I was working at Academy in NRH I sold a guy a jon boat who planned to do this exact trip. It was the year DFW got so much rain people were launching jet skis in the Sneaky Petes parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Great replies!
              Even my butt cheek reply?
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                was that not where HarrisonTX lost all his gear a couple years ago?

either way I think talking to him would be wise, as planning for a trip via kayak is much different than any other mode of transportation .
                It was Danny46.

has come up a couple notches. As some of you know, Myself and three others were forced to abandon our kayaks and equipment during a five day trip after the river we were on flooded to record levels: http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56259&highlight=kayak I lost a little over 6K worth of camera

Comment

cahulawassee river gets my vote.

Comment

Colin Fletcher did this exact thing, except on the Colorado. It's a damn good read.

Might also check out Goodbye to a River by John Graves. It's his account of canoeing the Brazos before it was completely dammed.

G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                    X