No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circa 1952, B36's after a tornado/high winds at Carswell.

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      Ouch! As was usually the case, the Corsair came out on the winning end of that encounter.
      True, but it needs a new motor from what I have heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post

Damn that was close!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post

Damn that was close!
          A co-worker of mine claims he was there for that. He said it was pretty wild.

Comment

• I've never seen those b36 carnage pics before. I wonder how much of the fleet that represented at the time and if the govt went out of their way to hide the fact that bombers like that were out of commission.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
              Zero and a Corsair met up while on the taxiway.

Wonder if this was an actual Zero or a T-6 made to look like one?
              1990 GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by F8LSVT View Post
                  Wonder if this was an actual Zero or a T-6 made to look like one?
                  It was the real one out of Chino.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                    Damn tail daggers are not traffic friendly. Gotta drive that shit sideways to see forward.
                    The old "Corsair zig-zag"
                    Originally posted by David View Post
                    It was the real one out of Chino.
                    Yep. They have some great restoration guys. They'll get it fixed.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• When I was a kid there was a real zero at the caf in Lancaster, tx. The building caught fire at one point and ruined the tail as well. I wonder if it is the same plane.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Africa's west coast near Dakar. There is actually a fairly large airport down there. It's in the dirt...next to the other dirt...yeah that's about it.

Crossing the southern Andes. They are a lot higher in the daytime.

Leaving rainy London.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X