Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love em or hate em, Trump was good for your 401k's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    It wasn’t my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
    Don't worry about it, everyone just likes to bust balls. There are several guys here that make bank but just don't mention it. You can't talk about it around the children because it becomes one of those freightrain/cow skin rug conversations very quickly.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

+19.55% over last year. So yeah he says some dumb stuff, but he's been good for stocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        It wasn’t my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
        I honestly thought it was hilarious there were those bitches who were upset and posted what a travesty it was you were sharing your success. You have zero to apologize for other than to cater to their sensitivity. Fuck them.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          I honestly thought it was hilarious there were those bitches who were upset and posted what a travesty it was you were sharing your success. You have zero to apologize for other than to cater to their sensitivity. Fuck them.
          We should have a another cowskin rug thread where the ballers can all make themselves known... but we're all ballers so I guess that wouldn't work. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            We should have a another cowskin rug thread where the ballers can all make themselves known...
            But have a warning that the overly sensitive divert their eyes or it may cause bleeding vagina syndrome?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              But have a warning that the overly sensitive divert their eyes or it may cause bleeding vagina syndrome?
              Truth.

The sad part would be to show annual income versus net worth or savings accumulated. I know my ratio isn't anywhere near where I think it should be and I'm way ahead of the average American from a savings standpoint. But I do have a lot of shiny toys...

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                First world problems. Ain't life tough?

One of these days you'll break out of the lower 5% of DFWM.

This is the truth. I’ve done okay, but I know people that make low to mid 8 figures every year that can lose my annual comp on a bad day in Vegas.

It’s all relative and my personal measure of financial success is to have a few fun, fast cars, save some money, and provide for my family. I’m good to go at that point.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  This is the truth. I’ve done okay, but I know people that make low to mid 8 figures every year that can lose my annual comp on a bad day in Vegas.

It’s all relative and my personal measure of financial success is to have a few fun, fast cars, save some money, and provide for my family. I’m good to go at that point.

I don’t have any wealthy friends. I have a close friend that I believe does as well as me but the rest of my buddies are at or below the median income as far as I can tell. I’m not one of these people that discusses money though. Pretty much myself, my wife and my dad know how much I make.

Comment

I've got most of mine moved into a managed Roth at this point, thanks to the sale of our company back in 2015, but still have the 401k for the company match. Both needles are moving in the right direction, let's keep it coming!

I had a nice little earth-leveling over Christmas, touring Christmas lights in several million dollar plus neighborhoods. We don't worry about the mortgage and utilities getting paid, but there are quite a few folks out there doing muuuuch better. lol

Comment

+21.69% on the 401k for 2017
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        I've got most of mine moved into a managed Roth at this point, thanks to the sale of our company back in 2015, but still have the 401k for the company match. Both needles are moving in the right direction, let's keep it coming!

I had a nice little earth-leveling over Christmas, touring Christmas lights in several million dollar plus neighborhoods. We don't worry about the mortgage and utilities getting paid, but there are quite a few folks out there doing muuuuch better. lol
                        Move to mckinney and you will be that house! There are some houses and neighborhoods near us that are pretty impressive and probably cheaper than your Cali house.

Comment

+ 23.74% in my fidelity account for the year.

Nay should be happy too, black unemployment is at an all time low since it began being tracked in the early 70s.

Comment

VMware stock broke past $131.

I saw that several marijuana stocks dropped A LOT after the Sessions announcement. I'm wondering if I should put a couple grand into that as a long term investment. Shares are pretty cheap right now and I think there is a lot of upside there if they can weather this.

Comment

I like how the S&P just keeps going up. Some of it is banks and energy which have been left behind in this whole thing until recently. Most banks are selling on P/Es of 15 to 17. We all know what is going on with energy, people are trying to make sure they are in there when oil finally goes up.

Anyway, what I find disturbing is the fact that a whole hell of a lot of the S&P's rise is tied to shares like Amazon and Netflix that are already completely over valued and trade at a P/E of 200 to 300. If you want a fun little exercise compare Amazon's revenue, earnings and margins to Wal mart. You'll come to the conclusion that in order to justify the current stock price the company would have to be three to four times as big as Wal mart currently is. It is pure science fiction.
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Amazon, much like Tesla, and many others are a freakin house of cards. No reason for their stock prices to be where they are

Comment

Working...
                                X