Question for you guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you guys...

I believe in what Romney is saying, basically that by cutting taxes on businesses etc will encourage growth and create jobs therefor creating a larger tax base and increasing the goverments income. I also know that this is what JFK proposed in the 60s and i guess basically Reagan as well.

The problem i see with this, and that i saw with the bailouts etc, is that there is no guarantee that these companies will invest that money here. They will invest it where they can get the biggest return which is in China. Due to slave labor wages, no regulations and a general anything goes aslong as we are taking jobs and money from the US attitude.

I know of course that this will help here alittle bit but not anywhere in the level in which we need. Sale, service etc do not employ enough people but factories can employ thousands of people.

I am 100% into making the US the manufacturing capital of the world, we should have never let it go as its what built this country, but how can we reverse this?

Alot of these politicians and people in power have gotten rich off their investments etc in china. Can we actually expect them to vote against their personal best interest?
    Im glad its finally being brought up but when will they actually do something about it?

Seems like they will have to do something un-american if you will to change it, like banning doing business with china or something major and i just dont ever see that happening.

If they did, it would piss people off here big time, no more huge TVs for $1200 or iphones for $200. People would have to save for months to buy those things but wouldnt it kinda be a "return to americas roots" so to speak?

Im not an Obama supporter either, his idea that we need more taxes and regulations is going to futher drive american companies under. And his spending is stupidly out of control. His biggest issue was healthcare when the american economy is going down? We cant afford that stuff right now, we need to get money back in this country and fast!

I cant be the only one thinking this and its my biggest concern for the country. Thoughts?

this is why someone like ron paul is truly the best candidate
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Donald trump made a great point a couple years back. Tariff the fuck out of China and drop a lot of taxes for businesses that focus on USA-based work culture.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        Donald trump made a great point a couple years back. Tariff the fuck out of China and drop a lot of taxes for businesses that focus on USA-based work culture.
        Am i crazy if i thought Trump would have made an interesting President? lol I know ALOT of people cant stand him but he has balls!

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
          Am i crazy if i thought Trump would have made an interesting President? lol I know ALOT of people cant stand him but he has balls!
          and a few bankruptcies
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Why worry about creating jobs, create a situation that promotes Energy... cheap plentiful energy. It will create jobs but it's benefit/impact goes deep.

What if you had 2-300 extra a month from cheaper gas alone?

What if your electricy cost only 50 bucks in august?

What if your food were cheaper to bring to market?

What if every other country had to buy tech we only had (I am thinking nuclear tech, kill anyone found giving secrets to china)?

China could get bent.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
              and a few bankruptcies
              haha true and yet is still a balla! Guy has skills! hhaha

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
                Why worry about creating jobs, create a situation that promotes Energy... cheap plentiful energy. It will create jobs but it's benefit/impact goes deep.

What if every other country had to buy tech we only had (I am thinking nuclear tech, kill anyone found giving secrets to china)?

China could get bent.
                Simple, yet so true. Even Clinton had gas around $1 in '98/'99. At $2.50 a gallon savings (with us at $3.50), that's $50 less to fill my truck...at least once a week. My wife uses about a tank a week, but her car holds about 16 gallons. That's another $40 a week in savings. $350-$400 PER MONTH is REAL after-tax savings.

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post

China could get bent.
                  Doing that would maybe save me $100 bucks a month... I'd rather see tax cuts where they belong like small businesses, then potentially I for example could get a raise and make more money.
                  I would rather make 50-100 bucks more a week because my boss doesn't have to pay as much in taxes and can afford me at a higher wage and the business still be making a profit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      Simple, yet so true. Even Clinton had gas around $1 in '98/'99. At $2.50 a gallon savings (with us at $3.50), that's $50 less to fill my truck...at least once a week. My wife uses about a tank a week, but her car holds about 16 gallons. That's another $40 a week in savings. $350-$400 PER MONTH is REAL after-tax savings.
                      I would see a huge saving in gas, mine is easy 600.00, some of which is re-imbursed. But that is just gas for you.

And what about cheaper utilities, cheaper diesel for trains and trucks. This benefits everyone regardless of your circumstances.
                      I would shit if they announced plans to promote new nuclear tech and expansion.

btw fuck alcohol!!!

Energy, but more than petroleum.

Comment

I brought up the Trump for president a while back, pretty much because all I heard out of Romney is that he's a business man and he know how to run a business. I though, hell, so does Trump. Let's vote for him. But I digress, and always thought that when it came down to the trickle down effect, and if I was a millionaire, I'd either save all my money to stay rich or send my work over seas where I can get more bang for my buck. I like how Romney said he would want to invest in Latin America,, that's cool with me. Maybe they'll stop coming here illegally and take all our yobs.
                        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post

The problem i see with this, and that i saw with the bailouts etc, is that there is no guarantee that these companies will invest that money here. ?
                          Good grief. Take half the time that it took you to write this post and do a little research on Google about where the bail out money and stimulus money went and what the real intent for passing both and then you will not have to get on here and ask a stupid question.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

because 60% of what you read on the internet is right 95% of the time..
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

i copy and paste my troll threads in this forum, from other UBB's i visit, nothing i have ever posted is factual as far as i know,
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X