Michelle Obama: My Husband Didn't Place Blame on Anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle Obama: My Husband Didn't Place Blame on Anyone

Probably the most blatant of all lies, albeit the least significant, that has ever been spoken by anybody associated with this administration.

First lady Michelle Obama said Wednesday that President Obama did not look to blame others for the challenges he faced as president, an apparent rebuke to Republican accusations that the White House continues to point the finger at President George W. Bush for the lagging economy.

"See, but your president, he didn't point fingers," Mrs. Obama said, at a campaign fundraiser in New York. "He didn't place blame. Instead, he got to work, because he was thinking about folks like my dad and like his grandmother. See, and that's why he cut taxes for small businesses and for working families because he believes that in America, teachers and firefighters should not pay higher tax rates than millionaires and billionaires."

During Thursday's presidential debates, the candidates were asked to respond to a questioner who said he was reluctant to support Mitt Romney because of Bush's record.
    Obama did say that he thought "it's important to tell you that we did come in during some tough times," but then pivoted to a defense of his economic record.

"We were losing 800,000 jobs a month when I started," Obama said. "But we had been digging our way out of policies that were misplaced and focused on the top doing very well and middle class folks not doing well. Now, we've seen 30 consecutive — 31 consecutive months of job growth; 5.2 million new jobs created. And the plans that I talked about will create even more."

Republicans have criticized the president, saying he has tried to deflect attention from his own policies by pointing fingers at the prior administration.

"Mr. President, it is time to stop blaming your predecessor for your failed economic policies," said President Bush's brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, in a speech at the Republican National Convention in August. "You were dealt a tough hand, but your policies have not worked. A real leader would accept responsibility."
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Is "see" the new upper-class "n'umsayin?"
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

They're getting desperate.

Comment

I have always believed Michelle is much more of a racist than Barrack. Not that it has any significance to this story.

Comment

A racist who was not proud of this country until dipshit was sworn in.

Comment

Yeah all tha that awesome shit we did as a country before this doucher was elected to office was nothing to be proud of. She's worse than he is. Good thing she didn't get elected.
            2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              They're getting desperate.
              She's writing open letters to women's magazines to try and drum up the fem votes.

Michelle Obama loves her husband. And she wants voters to love him too.
              In an open letter to ELLE readers, the First Lady, 48, reveals why she married her spouse, President Barack Obama, and how his commitment to her and their two children, Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, is an asset to the country's future.

"When I fell in love with Barack more than 20 years ago, I knew he'd be a loving husband and a devoted father," she writes. "I knew he shared my determination to make a difference in other people's lives."
              That determination, Michelle says, is part of what makes him both a good partner and a good leader. But it's not the only thing.

The First Lady goes on to explain why she's sure her husband is right for this job -- and why she was sure four years ago, when he put in his first bid for the presidency.
              "I didn't [vote for him] just because we were married," she insists. "I voted for him because I knew he was going to stand up for women like me -- and our daughters, sisters, and mothers. When I look at all he's done since that freezing day he was inaugurated on the Capitol steps -- from health-care reform, to saving jobs, to fighting for women's rights -- I'm proud of how far we have come. And I'm determined to help him keep moving forward."

The ELLE letter, she hopes, is one step in that direction. In it, she details five reasons -- including equal pay for women and affordable education -- why she thinks readers should vote for Barack Obama when they go to the polls on November 6.
              "Before you cast your ballot, I want you to ask yourself, Who's looking out for me? Who's thinking about my family?" FLOTUS concludes. "And I want you to know that the man I have loved for more than two decades -- the man who has worked so hard for so long to move this country forward -- is looking out for you every day."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz29fXVm0Rj

Comment

If I could have a dollar for every time he and his numbnut side kicks blamed Bush I'd be rich!

Comment

fuck that donkey mouth...racist bitch

Comment

What is this fucking cut tax bullshit they keep spewing? My taxes went UP with Obama. I am sure as hell aint poor and I sure as hell aint rich so that leaves me to be middle class and ive paid more the past 3 years than I did any year prior.
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

+1 Mike.

"I knew he shared my determination to make a difference in other people's lives."
                      Did they ever think that there are some folks out there that don't want any .gov "making a difference" in our lives?
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
                      X