Albert E. Smith dinner - Romney/Obama take shots at eachother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert E. Smith dinner - Romney/Obama take shots at eachother

Last edited by CJ; 10-18-2012, 08:32 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

As you said in the other thread, Romney was brutal. The truth of it all is what makes it so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      As you said in the other thread, Romney was brutal. The truth of it all is what makes it so funny.
      I never really gave much merit to this tradition, but oddly it gave romney a unique opportunity to take shots at the media, obama, biden, and everyone else with relative immunity. I think it shows he isn't a machine like most liberals wants to paint him. I honestly did not expect him to do be that entertaining. Obama usually always is.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That was a lulz fest! LOL

Comment

Only 4 minutes in and Romney is killing it. I'm impressed, even if it's just posturing.

Comment

"The president's remarks are brought to you by the letter "O" and the number 16 trillion."

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              "The president's remarks are brought to you by the letter "O" and the number 16 trillion."

He was friggin hilarious. Even the audience agrred by laughing harder than w obama.

Comment

Romney struck a very careful balance of taking huge shots while still remaining funny. His performance here can only help his likeability. Very impressive.

Obama needs a better joke writer and a better delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
                  Romney struck a very careful balance of taking huge shots while still remaining funny. His performance here can only help his likeability. Very impressive.

Obama needs a better joke writer and a better delivery.
                  The only one i liked of his was him saying babe ruth didnt build it.

Comment

I laughed my ass off at the "around the house" opener. That shit was funny.

Comment

Obama and the Church have come to middle ground on Obamacare. The mandates get to be in Latin.

I loved it
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Nlot even going to listen to the letter O's delivery.

Romney nailed it though, and both my wife and I loved it!
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Namesake and great-grandson Al Smith IV wasn’t letting anyone else run away with the humor tonight.

In his opening remarks, in acknowledgement of the women in the room — and with an allusion to Romney’s remark in the last presidential debate this week — he said: “It’s good to see who’s getting out of those binders.”

Smith, noting that his great-grandfather was the first Catholic nominee for president, pointed out that Romney is the first Mormon candidate for president. He noted, too, that they both campaigned for governor — “as Democrats.”

Smith added that Romney gives 10 percent of his income to charity — “but the charity is the federal government.”

“Really governor,” Smith asked, “your father was from Mexico and you have five kids — are you sure you’re not Catholic?”

Smith dished it out for the president, too.

“We recognize that you have some challenges this year,” Smith told Obama.“It’s never good when your opponent has produced more sons than you have jobs.”
                          Also good.

Comment

Sat through Obama's...didn't even crack a smile. I REALLY don't like that man.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Sat through Obama's...didn't even crack a smile. I REALLY don't like that man.
                              Get the fuck out of here with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X