Whoopi asks the oddest questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoopi asks the oddest questions

Check Out the Odd Questions Whoopi Goldberg Asked Ann Romney Regarding the Military and Her Faith

Posted on October 18, 2012 at 3:04pm by Liz Klimas Liz Klimas
    Print »
    Email »

Comments (283)

ABC’s “The View” co-host Whoopi Goldberg called into question Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s lack of military service, asking his wife Ann whether it was because of their Mormon religion.

Whoopi Goldberg on The View Questions Ann Romney of Husband and Sons Lack of Military Service

Ann Romney defended her husband and sons when questioned over their lack of military services, saying they served a different kind of mission. Here she is pictured with her husband, presidential candidate Gov. Mitt Romney and their son Tagg. (Photo: AP/Carlos Osorio)

In an appearance broadcast Thursday, Goldberg said that if Romney were first lady, she would at some point speak to “mothers whose children are coming home in bags … from wars.” Goldberg then said, “I believe your religion doesn’t allow you to go fight.”

Romney responded that that was incorrect and that there are “many members of our faith that are serving in the armed services.”

Here, Goldberg got to her real question.

“I say that because when I read about your husband, what I had read, and maybe you can correct this, is that the reason that he didn’t serve in Vietnam was because it was against the religion,” Goldberg said.

Romney shook her head to say that, too, was incorrect; she said it was a different kind of mission her husband was serving, and one her sons have taken on as well.

“He was serving his mission,” Romney said. “My five sons have also served missions. None served in the military, but I do have one son that feels that he’s giving back to his country in a significant way where he is now a doctor, and he is taking care of veterans. So we find different ways of serving, and my five boys and my husband who did serve missions, and did not serve in the military.”

Romney said that when she sent her sons to serve in missions for two years, “I sent them away boys and they came back men.” She said that similar to military service, these missions changed her sons because they were going outside of themselves and helping others.

“That changes you. It changes you,” Romney said. “Are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering. They’re sacrificing their life for us.”

Bringing the conversation back to how Romney would speak with mothers whose children did not return from war, Goldberg asked how she would respond to them knowing her children hadn’t served.

“I would say that it’s probably the hardest thing that a president and a first lady probably do is to comfort those that have lost a loved one and have gone in harm’s way,” Romney said, noting that her husband went to every funeral for fallen soldiers in their community when he was governor of Massachusetts. “Of course it’s hard. I don’t think any of us can understand the sacrifice that are being made by families.”

Watch the clip from “The View” with this exchange:

Mitt Romney received four deferments from military service during the draft period for the Vietnam War, which he supported at the time; three were academic and one was for “minister of religion.” When Romney was eligible for the draft, his lottery number was not called and he did not enter into service.

President Barack Obama also has not served in the military.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I'll bet Whoopi would never question Muhammad Ali about his religion and the military. She's a racist, left-wing nut-job.

Comment

Or ask Obama why he never served OR how he can meet the returning dead since, you know, he nor his wife never served.

Comment

I hate that man faced gravely voiced nut job bitch. fuck her and the blue donkey she worships.

Comment

"21 Presidents served on active duty in a regular military unit." That is a lot!

I for one think it is invaluable for a Commander in Chief to have served in SOME form of

military duty. Another reason I can't get behind either candidate. Where is John McCain?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            Where is John McCain?
            Licking the boots of some Democrat.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              Licking the boots of some Democrat.
              Maybe he is searching the country for another airhead VP candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                "21 Presidents served on active duty in a regular military unit." That is a lot!

I for one think it is invaluable for a Commander in Chief to have served in SOME form of

military duty. Another reason I can't get behind either candidate. Where is John McCain?
                losing elections. John McCain was a great man, he did not do his legacy much benefit in his political career.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  losing elections. John McCain was a great man, he did not do his legacy much benefit in his political career.
                  Yep, he tried to run a election like a gentleman. And found out nice guys do loose.

Comment

First of all, I'm not a fan of Whoppi and I don't agree that much with the Vietnam angle of questions. That being said I think asking about her sons is a valid question and many people would like to hear the answer. We are after all at war and involved with potentially another war front in the middle east. There are quite few folks within the Republican party that are advocating a more aggressive policy overseas and that it is our obligation to intervene in almost every situation in some parts of the world. This might be the type of question where the answer may even shape the views of the person being asked. I also believe anyone that is going to be allowed to serve in a position such as the POTUS should be asked this exact same question no matter who they are or what political party they represent. Flame away...

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                      Yep, he tried to run a election like a gentleman. And found out nice guys do loose.
                      I don't think he wanted to win. He pulled everything off the table, didn't attack Obama over anything and conceeded everything in the debates

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        First of all, I'm not a fan of Whoppi and I don't agree that much with the Vietnam angle of questions. That being said I think asking about her sons is a valid question and many people would like to hear the answer. We are after all at war and involved with potentially another war front in the middle east. There are quite few folks within the Republican party that are advocating a more aggressive policy overseas and that it is our obligation to intervene in almost every situation in some parts of the world. This might be the type of question where the answer may even shape the views of the person being asked. I also believe anyone that is going to be allowed to serve in a position such as the POTUS should be asked this exact same question no matter who they are or what political party they represent. Flame away...
                        Oh, I think every president should have served no less than 3 years in the military, in combat arms and preference to those who have seen combat, up close and personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Oh, I think every president should have served no less than 3 years in the military, in combat arms and preference to those who have seen combat, up close and personal.
                          That's one thing the Brits do correctly. Their figure heads all serve a respectable time in the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                            That's one thing the Brits do correctly. Their figure heads all serve a respectable time in the military.
                            Very true. To God and Country

Comment

You'll never hear these leftist pieces of shit praise the military until it serves their political purposes. Just like patriotism, they will shit all over the idea until they get around to the subject of "paying taxes" and that becomes the most patriotic thing a person can do.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X