Election 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election 2012

Well, I don't think we have a thread for the election results specifically, but the news over the last two days is Romney has taken the electoral lead in the latest polls.

That's a great sign.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I've actually grown to like Romney, and won't be voting for him just to get Obama out. Feels good to have that confidence in someone who is running. The last time I was happy about voting for someone was in the 90's.

Comment

I am in that boat too. I was anti-romney but get Obama out for a long time. He's growing on me.

I still think he is just a place holder, we need to continue to elect conservatives into the congress and senate, then when the right candidate comes along it will be a natural transition to a 3rd party president.

I smile so much when I see the chart CJ posted. I am partially skeptical that it is bogus...but I am praying it is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        I've actually grown to like Romney, and won't be voting for him just to get Obama out. Feels good to have that confidence in someone who is running. The last time I was happy about voting for someone was in the 90's.
        80's here (Reagan) and 90's (Clinton).

Comment

I'd vote for Kermit the frog if he was running against Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
            I am in that boat too. I was anti-romney but get Obama out for a long time. He's growing on me.

I still think he is just a place holder, we need to continue to elect conservatives into the congress and senate, then when the right candidate comes along it will be a natural transition to a 3rd party president.

I smile so much when I see the chart CJ posted. I am partially skeptical that it is bogus...but I am praying it is legit.
            The RCP polls are quite significant because it's an average of all reputable polls out there. It's not their own. Click a state and it will show you around 5-10 polls that it's composed of. So it's pretty reliable. Take a look at Florida, that's Romney country for sure. Ohio is Obama right now, that has to change.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The reality is that the Obama-controlled media didn't WANT anyone to know the real Romney, and now that we have seen him in the debates, he's not near the white devil that Barry and the press made him out to be. Is he perfect? Nope. No candidate is. But he's fifty times better than what we have.

Comment

While I am not yet convinced Romney will win this thing, I had to laugh when I saw this. Look at their little graphs on the right side of the screen. Obama up by 50 electoral votes, and a 72.x% chance of winning.

Of the 13 polls of swing states released on Thursday, President Obama held leads in 11 of them, and his chances of winning the Electoral College improved to 70.4 percent, according to the forecast.

Just goes to show you can throw whateverthefuckshit you want out there, and claim you have statistical data to back it up and claim it as fact. As my friend Marty would say, you can put your boots in the oven but that doesn't make them biscuits.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  While I am not yet convinced Romney will win this thing, I had to laugh when I saw this. Look at their little graphs on the right side of the screen. Obama up by 50 electoral votes, and a 72.x% chance of winning.

Of the 13 polls of swing states released on Thursday, President Obama held leads in 11 of them, and his chances of winning the Electoral College improved to 70.4 percent, according to the forecast.

Just goes to show you can throw whateverthefuckshit you want out there, and claim you have statistical data to back it up and claim it as fact. As my friend Marty would say, you can put your boots in the oven but that doesn't make them biscuits.
                  again, RCP polls we're discussing are an average of hundreds of different polls. If they are legitimate, they are included. So it isn't just one poll we're talking about, it's nearly all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    again, RCP polls we're discussing are an average of hundreds of different polls. If they are legitimate, they are included. So it isn't just one poll we're talking about, it's nearly all of them.
                    I hear you, I'm just saying, some of the shit out there is absurd. Like the link I posted.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      I hear you, I'm just saying, some of the shit out there is absurd. Like the link I posted.
                      Well, I'm familiar with that polling "institute" it's founded by a guy that use to be a baseball statistician. He's been doing it for 4 years, and the election that he predicted correctly was 2008. That wasn't very difficult of an election. A lot of the polls you see that show Obama WAY out in the lead are using 2008 turnout numbers. In other words they're assuming record breaking democrat turnouts, like +14 in some states, which is obviously inaccurate. Most of those polls are goign to be incredibly wrong. This was the standard for polling up until the last few weeks, when they switched to the corrected numbers, now Romney takes the lead.

Comment

The polls are always complete bullshit, unless your guy is in the lead.

Comment

In all honesty in this election it would prob be better for Romney to be way behind in polls to keep dem turnout low.

Comment

Working...
                          X