Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one state has 1.99%

Comment

Damn maybe I should refinance. I'm at 2.8 or 9...something. They keep sending me lettersy trying to get me to refinance. If I could get 2.25 I'd probably do it. Any chance of ever getting 2.0? That'd be real nice
      WH

Comment

I heard of someone who worked at a bank, that knew how to refi without all the extraneous work and basically just changed to the better interest rate when it came up. It cut out a lot of fees and middleman stuff. I've wondered if this is something the average person could do with the right paperwork and the right contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          I heard of someone who worked at a bank, that knew how to refi without all the extraneous work and basically just changed to the better interest rate when it came up. It cut out a lot of fees and middleman stuff. I've wondered if this is something the average person could do with the right paperwork and the right contacts.
          I contacted chase who had purchased my existing mortgage because I had heard a similar story and they had 0 interest in doing anything of the sorts.

Comment

I dont believe this for a second. Banks are there to make money...and they don't do that through charity work

Comment

I got approved yesterday for a 30 year fixed at 3% and 3.071 apr. My 15 year rate was 2.5 and 2.6%.

Honestly I was expecting a little better rate with excellent credit and hardly any debt. Regretfully I'm going to have to get the 30 due to debt to income since my current house is factored in.

Is it the fact I'll own two homes for a short time that's keeping me out of the 2s?
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                I got approved yesterday for a 30 year fixed at 3% and 3.071 apr. My 15 year rate was 2.5 and 2.6%.

Honestly I was expecting a little better rate with excellent credit and hardly any debt. Regretfully I'm going to have to get the 30 due to debt to income since my current house is factored in.

Is it the fact I'll own two homes for a short time that's keeping me out of the 2s?
                Might try John Lehman at Gold Financial in DFW, he got me 2.85% on my house and 3% on my investment property for 30s no points on either.

Comment

When I did my refi several years ago to get the PMI off a Wells Fargo guy did just that, somewhat. There were some fees for paperwork and things but not the normal commission fees. I am sure he made something but it was less than normal I think. The only reason I used them again.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                  X