Record Amount of Gun Legislation Introduced in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Amount of Gun Legislation Introduced in Texas

Record Amount of Gun Control Legislation Introduced on First Day of Bill Pre-Filing for 2021 Texas Legislative Session

Although the 2021 session of the Texas Legislature convenes on January 12, gun control advocates financed by New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg and Beto "Hell Yeah, I'll Take Your Guns" O'Rourke wasted no time in announcing their declaration of war on your Second Amendment rights in the Lone Star State. Monday was the first day for the pre-filing of bills, and more than three dozen measures attacking your rights have already been introduced!

Here are some of the highlights of what's to come:

House Bill 52 & House Bill 245 BANNING private firearms sales at gun shows.
    House Bill 118 BANNING private firearms transfers between certain family members and friends, requiring FFLs to process these transactions that would include federal paperwork for government approval at an undetermined fee.
    House Bill 127 BANNING long gun open carry with limited exceptions.
    House Bill 164 & House Bill 395 red flag GUN CONFISCATION legislation requiring firearms surrender without due process.
    House Bill 172 & House Bill 241 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.
    House Bill 178 & House Bill 234 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
    House Bill 185 MANDATING firearms to be stored in locked gun cases, safes or cabinets.
    House Bill 196 REPEALING key elements of Texas' Castle Doctrine law, including stand your ground and no-duty-to-retreat.
    House Bill 201 REPEALING Texas' Campus Carry law.
    House Bill 231 RAISING THE MINIMUM AGE for purchase of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
    House Bill 236 GUTTING the "30.06 and 30.07" signage requirements for businesses and making it easier for establishments to ban License To Carry holders from their premises.
    House Bill 238 REPEALING the state firearms preemption law and allowing local governments to restrict guns as they please.
    That's after ONE day of pre-filing. Gun owners need to send a resounding message to their state lawmakers in opposition to these gun control bills RIGHT AWAY. Please contact your State Representative and urge them to OPPOSE any and all gun control measures and feel free to list these specifically.

This country is a constant battle.

Comment

Doa .

Comment

i like how the NRA decides to wake up the moment a democrat comes into office but sleeps soundly when a republican threatens your gun rights like when trump looked into banning supressors and banned bump stocks.

Bunch of cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
          i like how the NRA decides to wake up the moment a democrat comes into office but sleeps soundly when a republican threatens your gun rights like when trump looked into banning supressors and banned bump stocks.

Bunch of cowards.
          The NRA hasn't been the same organization since Heston died. They really don't do much of anything except take your money and spend it for themselves.

Comment

slippery slope.....

Comment

GOA is my go to organization to donate to now. NRA has bent the knee too many times and seems good at wasting money.
              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                The NRA hasn't been the same organization since Heston died. They really don't do much of anything except take your money and spend it for themselves.
                Wayne LaPierre is a piece of shit

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  Wayne LaPierre is a piece of shit
                  Agreed. I ceased my membership years ago. And like Labora said, GOA is a good organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
                    This country is a constant battle.
                    Until it isn't...

Comment

Okay I’m going to look into GOA because the NRA is a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Okay I’m going to look into GOA because the NRA is a huge disappointment.
                        The left despises the NRA, so that makes them look pretty good. They've done a lot for gun rights, even though they've had some failures before. We do need to have a few competing organisatiions that way we've got an even better chance of being able to compete with the corporations who will just throw hundreds of millions politicians to get the laws they want passed.

If you've got an NRA or similar saying "No wait, take our money instead, we know you like guns" then we stand a strong chance of getting our way. Not saying the NRA has been doing a good job of that lately, but one assumes they want to survive and likely will be doing it in the future. As well as others like them.
                        WH

Comment

I joined both the NRA and TSRA with lifetime memberships back when Charlton Heston was the NRA president. No real regrets here about it since.

Comment

Working...
                          X