My 1996 Impala SS LS1 T56 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1996 Impala SS LS1 T56 swap.

I picked up this 96 Impala SS roller from Grimpala about 2 months ago. Was going to make this a long haul project, slowly gathering parts until I could build it. That was until I found an 01 z28 to be a donor.

So I liberated the powerplant from it's plastic prison and began the swap. Built my own motor mounts to make it clear the Fbody front accessory drive, modified the crap out of his already modified trans cross member, wired so much PCM shit that I never want to see another wiring harness again, and finally got it running.

Still waiting on my exhaust shit to come in and slowly cleaning everything up in the engine bay and interior. So yeah, here's a few pics and a video. Will be adding more videos, showing some of this stuff.

That’s pretty cool, I’d love to have one of those!

Comment

bro, i am not mad at this.

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
        That’s pretty cool, I’d love to have one of those!
        This is my 3rd 94-96 Impala SS and I've loved them all, except for the 2nd one, that car hated me. It's the last of the true muscle cars, even if it is a 4 door.

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
        bro, i am not mad at this.
        I've been kicking this idea around for a few years. I had a 94 SS and I had the T56 to swap in, but me and that car didn't see eye to eye. The gauge cluster kept powering off, the heat and a/c were shit, even though I reworked them all, just little stuff broke on it every week, so I sold it and got my 18 Camaro.

I really didn't want to hack a nice example, so I was looking for a Caprice or a roller, and got lucky when Grimpala mentioned he was looking to get rid of this one.

Comment

Hell yeah, I’d love to have one of this boats

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
            Hell yeah, I’d love to have one of this boats
            I love how they ride and handle, the issue has always been power, 4300lbs worth of ass to try and move. The LS1 is stock except for headers, but it has 4.56 gears in it. Haven't really gotten on it yet, but just cruising, I feel it's definitely gonna be decently quick.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              This is my 3rd 94-96 Impala SS and I've loved them all, except for the 2nd one, that car hated me. It's the last of the true muscle cars, even if it is a 4 door.

I've been kicking this idea around for a few years. I had a 94 SS and I had the T56 to swap in, but me and that car didn't see eye to eye. The gauge cluster kept powering off, the heat and a/c were shit, even though I reworked them all, just little stuff broke on it every week, so I sold it and got my 18 Camaro.

I really didn't want to hack a nice example, so I was looking for a Caprice or a roller, and got lucky when Grimpala mentioned he was looking to get rid of this one.

Big thumbs up!

I think the Chevy SS is arguably the last muscle car too.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Big thumbs up!

I think the Chevy SS is arguably the last muscle car too.
                The muscle car definitely came back with the SS and even CTS-v, but this is kind of the last of the 60's muscle. Functionally speaking, there is very little difference in this car to my 69 buick.

Comment

I used to work at the factory in Arlington putting them together. I always thought they needed a big block in them, there is definitely enough room.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I love this

Comment

A+++

Comment

I think one of those or a crown vic with a spicy motor would be a nice comfy daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          I used to work at the factory in Arlington putting them together. I always thought they needed a big block in them, there is definitely enough room.
                          It seems like there's a lot of room, but once you start cramming stuff in, it gets cramped in a hurry. Had to do some creative massaging to get the header to fit on the passenger side, and had to move the drier to make room for the PCM.

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          I think one of those or a crown vic with a spicy motor would be a nice comfy daily.
                          I've had the crown vic idea too, slap a blower on one and some gears. I like the B platform better than the panther platform though.

Comment

Looking good man, glad to see it back on the road. Kids and life caught up and she hit the back burner. You're going to love those 4.56's behind that T-56.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                              Looking good man, glad to see it back on the road. Kids and life caught up and she hit the back burner. You're going to love those 4.56's behind that T-56.
                              I know that feeling, but yeah, she's getting new life. Heheh, I've already stood on her once, and yeah, those 4.56's are NICE.

Comment

Working...
                              X