No announcement yet.

My 1996 Impala SS LS1 T56 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tires and romping on it with maniacal laughter. The 4.56 gears make me very happy.

Comment

She pulls realll nice
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Love the project...

only wish I had the motivation and stamina to do another one but alas, those days are behind me now.

I do recall the feelings of satisfaction after the early test drives of my '69 Mustang after doing the (at the time, fairly complex) 5.0L/MAF-EFI and 5 speed conversion was back in the early 90s.

I would have never thought I'd still have the '69 but it currently sets some 50 feet from my office chair (at home) and will still start/drive with a breath on the key.

I also enjoy the ride along video documentation of your car as the project continues.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Big thumbs up!

I think the Chevy SS is arguably the last muscle car too.
          My Grand National would fight you for that comment.

Comment

Sweet swap. Given the complexity and all the fabrication required way back in the day..which would you rather have....Tim Allen's LT5/T56 32 valve or the much simpler and probably way more capable when built LS1/T56 that you have built? While a 32 valve V8 is cool and sounds badass..I think I'd rather have the LS1/2/3 and T56.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Sweet swap. Given the complexity and all the fabrication required way back in the day..which would you rather have....Tim Allen's LT5/T56 32 valve or the much simpler and probably way more capable when built LS1/T56 that you have built? While a 32 valve V8 is cool and sounds badass..I think I'd rather have the LS1/2/3 and T56.
              LS1 hands down. That LT5 was cool for sure, but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to this kind of car. I like pushrod power that doesn't spin too high. Combine that with a much stronger aftermarket, it's just no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                New tires and romping on it with maniacal laughter. The 4.56 gears make me very happy.

Lookin good!!

I loved those gears. With the 383 I had in it it would take off in 5th gear.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

is that still the stock cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    Lookin good!!

I loved those gears. With the 383 I had in it it would take off in 5th gear.
                    I can imagine, it really does feel like a 3Klbs car instead of a 4Klbs car.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    is that still the stock cam?
                    Yep. The LS1 is totally stock except for headers. I wanted to cam it, but I was running out of money and motivation. Getting it on the road was the most important thing to me at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      The 4.56 gears make me very happy.
                      I've had them for years and still am not used to being between 4th and 5th gear when in town/35-40mph.

Comment

Did someone say fo five six?!
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Did someone say fo five six?!
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Basically done with the car for right now. She cleaned up nice.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous.

Very impressive.
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                                Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous.

Very impressive.
                                Do you want her back? Not set in stone yet, but I do have a million project ideas kicking around my head. If I did decide to sell it, I would want you to have first shot at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X