No announcement yet.

I'm oddly fascinated with this car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is kinda cool, for commuter car that you could park anywhere. If you replaced 10,000 miles / year on a truck that got 17mpg with this it would pay for its self in just a couple of years between fuel and depreciation savings.

Comment

I was uncertain but once I saw A/C was included for $6800 you can put me down. This car is going to take over has a commuter/first car. Guy complaining about safety have to know this is far and away safer than a motorcycle. I figure it will pay for itself in a year and a half just for the trips I take by myself when I don't really need my 15 mpg F250.
      Speaking of which, how can this be half the price of a decent motorcycle. Hell and polaris razr is substantially more without heat/air/power window.

Comment

Ugly but a decent concept and good for the economy.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
          I was uncertain but once I saw A/C was included for $6800 you can put me down. This car is going to take over has a commuter/first car. Guy complaining about safety have to know this is far and away safer than a motorcycle. I figure it will pay for itself in a year and a half just for the trips I take by myself when I don't really need my 15 mpg F250.
          Speaking of which, how can this be half the price of a decent motorcycle. Hell and polaris razr is substantially more without heat/air/power window.
          Yeah, I'm skeptical of something brand new with 3 airbags, a/c, heat, defrost, disc brakes, ABS, reverse, 3 year/36k miles warranty, power windows, made in the USA, etc all for $6800.

Comment

I'll buy one when they are released. I'm not pre-funding them for a grand though.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              Those are toys. People pay big bucks for toys and manufacturers know this.

Besides, would you pay $10,000 for this car? I wouldn't and these folks are basically trying to get to a similar market as the VW bug did.

Cheap, reliable, economical transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                Those are toys. People pay big bucks for toys and manufacturers know this.

Besides, would you pay $10,000 for this car? I wouldn't and these folks are basically trying to get to a similar market as the VW bug did.

Cheap, reliable, economical transportation.
                I understand the fact that toys are high.

Think about this though. My Bad Boy mower was $6k. The replacement kawasaki engine is $2k. I know they get a discount due to bulk buying, but I don't see how that price point is attainable.

The mower is a handful of parts by comparison and Bad Boy is capable of producing 200 mowers a day.

Comment

I understand all of that. I agree with MattB and am completely skeptical to get all of what they're offering for just under $7k.

Once they hit the streets, then I'll drive one and decide if I get it. Then try my damnedest not to have Brooks put a turbo on it. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                    I understand all of that. I agree with MattB and am completely skeptical to get all of what they're offering for just under $7k.

Once they hit the streets, then I'll drive one and decide if I get it. Then try my damnedest not to have Brooks put a turbo on it. :-D
                    Fuck it dude. If I bought one that'd be the first mod I made, 70HP isn't going to cut it in Texas. If it were an area that was more urban sprawl, then it can happen, but with a top speed of 107 you know it's working its ass off at 70-75.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      Fuck it dude. If I bought one that'd be the first mod I made, 70HP isn't going to cut it in Texas. If it were an area that was more urban sprawl, then it can happen, but with a top speed of 107 you know it's working its ass off at 70-75.
                      Vw beetle (the air cooled ones) only had a bit shy of 60hp at the CRANK. Ive had several of those, and the under 10 second 0-60 of this thing is about twice as fast as a stock bug.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Vw beetle (the air cooled ones) only had a bit shy of 60hp at the CRANK. Ive had several of those, and the under 10 second 0-60 of this thing is about twice as fast as a stock bug.
                        You might be right. If it'll run Texas highway speeds, roll on. My grandfather was big into bugs, I can't recall for the life of me if those things would even go faster than 60-65 on flat ground.

Comment

Looks like $100.00 will get you a refundable reservation

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                            Yeah, I'm skeptical of something brand new with 3 airbags, a/c, heat, defrost, disc brakes, ABS, reverse, 3 year/36k miles warranty, power windows, made in the USA, etc all for $6800.
                            Id love to know what he R&D cost is since they dont have to pass a NHTSA testing, since it is a motorcycle. If Kia can put out a POS for around 10k, why wouldnt it be possible to put out something that isnt smog tested, crash certed, etc?

Im playing devil's advicate there, I dont see it either. I hope that they can though. I remember reading about the cars that Nissan, Toyota, etc were selling in Indonesia and other imerging markets would be about 5-6k us if we could get them here.

You might be right. If it'll run Texas highway speeds, roll on. My grandfather was big into bugs, I can't recall for the life of me if those things would even go faster than 60-65 on flat ground.
                            I got a ticket on I 20 going 82 in my baja, it had dual carbs and larger rear tires though. The judge dismissed it for me, you know, cause it was a bug.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              I got a ticket on I 20 going 82 in my baja, it had dual carbs and larger rear tires though. The judge dismissed it for me, you know, cause it was a bug.
                              lol. Did the judge look at it and display the "dafuq" look?

Comment

lol. Did the judge look at it and display the "dafuq" look?
                                I didnt get that far. They went through the docket and called a few names to stay, and a few to come back at a different time, and my name to come sign a dissmised letter. No reason listed, but the motorcycle cop was there in the court room.

Comment

Working...
                                X