Shotgun magazine spring length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun magazine spring length?

I'm going through and replacing all of my springs on my Remington 1100 as I've had several worn out springs. So since i've got it apart, why not replace them all, right?

Picked up a Wolff XP mag tube spring, which is 40" and the directions say to trim to length. Google comes up with everything from 4" past the tube to 10" past the tube and I don't want to cut too short.

Anyone know what length a mag tube spring needs to be on a Remington 1100?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

What's the capacity?

Comment

4+1
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I would have taken mine out of my 1100 and measured it for you but my capacity is 4+2. I will say that once the spring is dropped in that there is at least 8" of spring that needs to be wrangled into the tube.

Comment

How is it 4+2?

Start on the long side, OP. If you feel it binding or have to force shells in, trim it another inch.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

lol
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

To be honest I dont know, I just know that it holds 6 rounds of 2,3/4" length shells in the magazine.

Whoops, brain farted there, mine is 6+1

I just had visions of Moe's double barrel pump action from the simpsons or this thing....

Last edited by inline 6; 07-24-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X