wanna gain weight? 10.4 lbs in 1 week!! :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna gain weight? 10.4 lbs in 1 week!! :-(

This working out being a lifetime commitment is no joke. I took a week off from everything while on vacation in Destin and I came back 10lbs heavier. Granted we drank like it was going out of style and ate all sorts of crap all day every day.

The only workout I got was a bicep workout from picking up all the beer. Damn... Now to get back on track.

It was totally worth it though. A week with 20 family members in a giant 3 story house.

Sounds like alot of it is water weight.

Comment

Get back on track and your body will respond quickly.
      One week isn't going to kill you in the long term aspect of things.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        Sounds like alot of it is water weight.
        A good portion of it is, though not all. Get back on track and weigh again after a solid week back at it, and you'll have a better idea of exactly how much damage was done in terms of body fat.

I was in the Tetons the last 7 days, 2 of were actually spent sitting in a car for 14 hours each way. No exercise save for some walking. I ate decently healthy, but had vacation portions, didn't drink any alcohol or soda, and still managed to gain 5lbs. The mirror doesn't show it, and strength is up, so I'm sure that it's mostly my muscles using the time off to fully heal, and saturate with glycogen and water, which is a good thing.

The point is, don't beat yourself up, it isn't all bad weight, but do be realistic in that you did gain a little fat, and use that as motivation to get back in the groove with even stronger resolve.

Comment

Like stated before, it's mostly water weight. You'll be fine. I rolled my ankle 3 weeks ago (not from crossfit, I just sucked at walking for a split second) and have gained 6lbs since and my legs have gotten noticeably smaller. I'm gonna go in monday or tuesday for my first workout since and hope that I don't fuck shit up even more.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Sounds like you had fun on vacation, that's more important.

Comment

Working...
            X