Job Opportunity for Advertising/Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Opportunity for Advertising/Media

This listing is for a spot working directly for my wife with an ad agency in downtown Dallas. She has at least this opening, likely 2 for her team. Figured I'd give dfwm a shot if we have any members who know someone with a degree and 3-5 years experience in advertising-media. Experience with responsibilities listed is absolutely necessary; the person in this position will need to hit the ground running. PM me for further details.

JOB:

Description
    Account Executive, OOH

The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Account Executive, OOH. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
    Role

The Account Executive position requires a combination of account service and media buying and planning skills. The Account Executive is the day-to-day steward on assigned accounts.

Media Strategy:

Develop, write and present OOH plans and recommendations for existing and prospective clients
    Manage the day-to-day activities of the account service and media buying for clients, which includes planning, negotiating, buying and operations processes
    Evaluate competitive activity in the marketplace
    Investigate and evaluate non-traditional OOH opportunities

Maintenance:

Develop and maintain effective relationships with agencies, clients and other OMG offices
    Handle any client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
    Inspect markets and OOH programs with plant operators and clients (when appropriate)
    Resolve billing discrepancies and provide any other operational support needed to expedite the billing process

Media Expertise:

Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of OOH opportunities, market developments, trends and media research
    Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of non-traditional OOH companies and media options
    Participate in strategy sessions:
    Attend internal and external meetings and presentations
    Build and maintain strong relationships with OOH sales representatives

Competencies
    Knowledge/Expertise

Experience in OOH planning/buying

Skills/Abilities

Analytical Thinking

Competency in mathematical concepts

Teamwork

Ability to work as part of a team
    Ability to teach and delegate work to Assistant Account Executives
    Ability to prioritize and multi-task
    Technical Skills
    Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office

Problem Solving

Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, and sometimes involved, written or oral instructions
    Ability to formulate solutions to media problems

Verbal/Written Communication Skills

Ability to write clearly and concisely
    Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Which agency? I'm at Ackerman McQueen for production. I may have a couple of peeps interested.

Comment

It's Outdoor Media Alliance (OMA), an Omnicom Agency. They haven't had a Dallas office, my wife is starting up the Dallas office. Close ties with TracyLocke - my wife offices among the Tracy Locke people and worked for Tracy Locke for years before we moved to San Francisco.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
      X