No announcement yet.

Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting dcs' thread in the permanent record.

Originally posted by dcs13
    Well, what ya'll think ?
    Senate is pretty safe so I didn't add that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Carrey definitely looks the worse for wear of the two
      Some woman sued him because he gave her herpes. He admitted to it. She won.
      WH

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        Damn those eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
          Putting dcs' thread in the permanent record.

Migrating (legally) the stuff from that thread

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
          Sadly, this is looking very likely. It always was, with all the repub incumbents that left early, but it sucks to see nonetheless.

Two years of obstructuon is what we have to look forward to.

Although, that may be a blessing in disguise, and we have the majority where it counts for judicial appointments, and dems were doing a great job obstructing with a minority.

Now they can obstruct without paul ryan (good riddance) bitching out and allowing it to happen.
          Silver lining:

We padded the Senate, so the new Flakes and McCains (Romney) will have a harder time fucking us on judicial appointments.
          This guy echoed my sentiments

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          I can't see this as anything less than a Trump victory. Increasing the Republican lead in the Senate is a big deal. It is an even bigger deal that many of those Senate wins came from Republicans that Trump campaigned for.

More, now than ever, for better or worse, this really is HIS party now.

Sure the Dems won the House but that was highly expected. The only downside are the investigations that will be a distraction. I only think they'll be a distraction because so far there hasn't been any real substance that can stick to the Teflon Don.

The Senate lead is kinda mind blowing because now it will be nearly impossible for the Democrats to challenge for control in 2020. Those Republicans up for reelection at that time are pretty solid. There is a damn good chance now that Trump will appoint whoever he wants if another Supreme Court seat comes open.

My only question now is whether Trump and Pelosi will negotiate on anything. Trump isn't a true conservative and I do think he has a willingness to negotiate on various issues. Also, he can probably get anything through the Senate because those Republicans OWE HIM big time.
          Coming out swinging, touting our Senate victories, and telling the democrat house how it's gonna be.

Read bottom up in each screenshot for correct order

----

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...55917059219461

Comment

• Another fun bit of insight as I sit on the toilet just hit me.

The Dem's have now fucked themselves. They now hold a narrow 10 seat or so majority. With their majority being that small, their agenda will be dictated by those ultra radical leftists, like mad maxine and Ocasio-Cortez.

Any liberal legislation that leaves the house will either have to be sane so the Trump republican controlled senate will pass it. This will aliwnate the left wing of the party, requiring house repubs to step and and make the vote difference up.

This will make the Dem leadership look to the left wing like they look to us, the swamp, just from the other side of the mirror. This will cause a rift in the dems that is already present but until now subdued due to their perceived lack of power. That dynamic is now gone.

Or coversely the legislation willbe so far to the left in order to maintain the coalition that it's dead before it even leaves the house. It will also put many many bad votes on the record for us to pound them with for Trump's reelection

And with the left wing energized, they will be in postitions of authority and will have all airtime over the next two years. Sunlight
            And videotape of just how radical they can be will be the greatest 2020 re-election asset. We will be in a better position to take back the house, and since a bunch of the never Trump repubs left office over the last 2 years and even more have just lost this last night, we will return with a mandate to run with it in Trump's second term and the loyal republicans to do it.

The more I think about it, the more I see the advantages of the situation.

Still sucks we lost. I'd rather have had a repub majority now with Paul Ryan gone and Speaker Jim Jordan getting shit done, but c'est la vie. Knowing the swamp, however, it's more likely we'd have gotten swampy McCarthy and a few swamp repubs as power brokering McCain's holding shit up and torpedoing any real reform.

We are saved from the heartbreak of a thumbs down gif repeating itself - over and over and over these next 2 years.

McCain's deciding NO vote killing healthcare reform.

In summation, we traded a situation whwre vichy republican never trumpers would've sapped the voters' 2020 resolve for a true monster to slay - something we can point to, rally against, and defeat witout resorting to "f(Rino)iendly fire".
            Last edited by sc281; 11-07-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Declassify it all in the lame duck.

Comment

• The next two years

Comment

• This news conf. is better than pro wrestling. Bunch of whiny romper room turds crying about the invasion and muh russias.

Comment

• Trollololol

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        This news conf. is better than pro wrestling. Bunch of whiny romper room turds crying about the invasion and muh russias.
                        At work and can't watch it. I'll try to when I get home.

Comment

This news conf. is better than pro wrestling. Bunch of whiny romper room turds crying about the invasion and muh russias.
                          Lmao!

Comment

My old Mexican uber driver in SF has that shit cranked UP on the radio. When Trump goes off on 'fake news' rants he turns the volume higher

Just realized I've been in this GD car for an hour now

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X