Boats and hoes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats and hoes!!!

So I want to do more fishing. Bank fishing sucks and when the kids go it seems to be more broken lines, re-hooking, baiting than actual fishing. I'm considering getting one of these little jon boats.

Does anyone have experience with these? Are they convenient or more of a PITA? I'd prefer a big boat but it's not in the cards right now so I figure one of these would at least get me and one of the kids (or wife) out in the water

Well now I want to rename the title but it won't let me.

Comment

I know they are iffy in wind even on small water and any of the larger lakes in the area - they can be dangerous in the main areas. Run well on a small trolling motor though.

It all depends what water you're wanting to go on and such. If on a pond during calm weather - it's a good time for most people.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Well I was thinking of Lake Texoma or even Hagerman Wildlife Refuge while it's flooded over. The plan is to stay fairly close to land and hopefully get into a little deeper waters away from the banks.

Comment

They are very nice I had one that was 10ft with wheels on the end that way you could drag it to the water had 2 live Wells in it 2 fishing seats and a trolling motor. Does catch some wind like a pontoon boat but it's great for creeks, rivers, or some spots that are protected from the wind. A lot more stable than a yak or even a john boat.

Comment

Dude, give me the grand I paid and come pic up my 14' Grumman. It's got a 30hp nissan and a trolling motor, on a trailer. Ive never taken it out since I bought it.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              So I want to do more fishing. Bank fishing sucks and when the kids go it seems to be more broken lines, re-hooking, baiting than actual fishing. I'm considering getting one of these little jon boats.

Does anyone have experience with these? Are they convenient or more of a PITA? I'd prefer a big boat but it's not in the cards right now so I figure one of these would at least get me and one of the kids (or wife) out in the water

Me and Krazy can give you “private” boating lessons.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

The problem is it’s not very big and won’t handle chop. Lots of people not looking for small boats like that so just be careful. Wear the jacket won’t take much to sink that.

Comment

I had one for a few years.

Pros: pretty stable while standing, lots of seating positions, nice to have one storage bin as a live well, cheap price.

Cons: had a 3hp evinrude on it, and it was still really slow. The texture on the white plastic held a lot of dirt and looked dirty pretty quick. Kind of heavy. The rounded floor areas were a pain to bail out any water that came in.

A friend had a 10ft flat aluminum flat bottom boat, and although it was narrow and less stable, no storage, it was so much faster with the same motor.and possibly better long term durability. That said, I used it a lot and had a good time in ponds and calm parts of bigger lakes.

Bought a cheap 11.5" kayak a few weeks ago at dicks, so I'm excited to go do some fishing in that.
                  Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Dude, give me the grand I paid and come pic up my 14' Grumman. It's got a 30hp nissan and a trolling motor, on a trailer. Ive never taken it out since I bought it.
                    did a quick google on that....thanks for the offer but I don't think I'm ready for something I have to register and trailer around to look for a boat ramp. Thanks though

Comment

did a quick google on that....thanks for the offer but I don't think I'm ready for something I have to register and trailer around to look for a boat ramp. Thanks though
                      be aware, putting a motor on that dingy requires that too.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        be aware, putting a motor on that dingy requires that too.
                        Any motor, even an elec trolling motor.

The $1K deal is not bad at all.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Get the sand out of your pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                            Get the sand out of your pussy!
                            The fuck you been?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              The fuck you been?
                              Driving around the U S of A.

Comment

Working...
                              X