Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were Fucked: Carter Talks Foreign Policy With White House Adviser

What could go wrong?

President Jimmy Carter discussed foreign policy issues Tuesday with President Barack Obama’s national security adviser, the Associated Press reported.

National Security Council spokesman Mike Hammer said Carter talked with Tom Donilon about several policy matters.

Tensions between North Korea and South Korea were likely to be among them. North Korea attacked a South Korean island last week, and the U.S. is participating in joint military exercises with South Korea as a show of solidarity. Carter recently visited North Korea to help secure the release of an American prisoner.

Former President Carter talked policy with an Obama adviser.

The meeting is irrelevant. 65% of the U.S. approves of Carter. The other 35% will eventually be placid because the meeting will not significantly impact any major event.

Carter talking with the Obama adviser is irrelevant and it will have no considerable impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Occam's razor View Post
      Former President Carter talked policy with an Obama adviser.

The meeting is irrelevant. 65% of the U.S. approves of Carter. The other 35% will eventually be placid because the meeting will not significantly impact any major event.

Carter talking with the Obama adviser is irrelevant and it will have no considerable impact.
      Carter has a 65% approval rating? It was 30% when he left offic in '80. How the hell does he have 65% now?
      He's the last man anyone needs advice from when it comes to national security of any kind.

Comment

Randy voted Carter when we were in diapers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Randy voted Carter when we were in diapers!!!
          Actually, I voted Reagan in '80. It was my first presidential election to vote in. I thought Carter was bad until I saw this current ass-clown. Barry is doing (has done) everything Carter WISHED he could do. Barry had a "perfect storm" scenario with the majority in the house and senate, and with two lefty's running each one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Actually, I voted Reagan in '80. It was my first presidential election to vote in. I thought Carter was bad until I saw this current ass-clown. Barry is doing (has done) everything Carter WISHED he could do. Barry had a "perfect storm" scenario with the majority in the house and senate, and with two lefty's running each one.
            That sure was an ass-whipping that Ronald Reagan gave Carter in the 1980 election. Did Carter win maybe one state......Georgia?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              That sure was an ass-whipping that Ronald Reagan gave Carter in the 1980 election. Did Carter win maybe one state......Georgia?
              It was bad. Carter got less than 50 electoral college votes, and Ronnie got nearly 500 (I think). Carter took a few small northern states and Georgia, but that was about all. I remember it so well, because I got an A in a Government class my sophomore year of college, because I predicted a Reagan blowout. Not one of the press outlets predicted that outcome. After the election, the professor (who was a huge Lib) confronted me about it in front of the class. He wanted to know how I came to my conclusion, and I told him that only an idiot couldn't see how bad of a president he was.
              I had just bought a new Z28 ('79) with a 21% interest rate. Inflation and unemployment were both at double digits, and Iran had bitch-slapped us for a year-and-a-half holding our hostages. Nightline (the news show) was invented just for that reason. It came on every night to update us on the Iran Hostage situation. Those terrorists' would taunt Carter and burn pictures of him, along with our flag. It was demoralizing and shameful that our POTUS was such a pussy, and the world new it.

Comment

True, Ted Koppell played right into Khomeini's hands.

Comment

Carter giving foreign policy advice? Clinton was about to come down hard on N Korea in '94 when Carter intervened and got them to agree to quit trying to enrich uranium in exchange for more aid. We gave them more aid and they continued their quest for nukes. Jimmy failed miserably as President and later as an advisor on foreign policy. Yet he's back again - wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Carter has a 65% approval rating? It was 30% when he left offic in '80. How the hell does he have 65% now?
                    Carter's approval rating increased with the passage of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Occam's razor View Post
                      Carter's approval rating increased with the passage of time.
                      Ah. CNN! That's laughable and horse shit. I don't believe a word of that. They must be polling 18-35 year-olds who didn't experience his "regime".

Comment

Carter needs to go away.

<--Lived with and remembers all of the shit that transpired under his watch

Comment

Working...
                        X