Would you do away with ss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Or they can just leave you to plan your own retirement.
    Oh, I agree, but the whole point of SS & government is the notion that people are too stupid to take care of themselves. If you at least forcibly, like SS, take the peoples money, roll it into a private 401k/IRA -ish account. Again, it's private and your money and something you would give away in a will. Further, cash injection like that into the economy from the whole populace. Choo Choo!
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      It's a loan with a return on interest, not an entitlement.

And Justin is, always has been, and always will be, a fucking moron. Hell, his name may have been Josh this entire time, since he steals other peoples screen names who knows. Regardless of what your license says you're an idiot and a piece of shit.
      So what youre saying here is, basically youre the same. As for the fucking moron part i dont know. I do not know this person. But if you saying that im a piece of sh1t you dont know me and have never met me. So if I am, you are. I can say the same thing about you but with actual valid reason, because you seem to just randomly attack people that you have no idea who they are, for seemingly no reason. Your life must be as big of a piece of shit as you think I am

And something tells me you brought it all on yourself. Jeezis where do they get these people
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
        Oh, I agree, but the whole point of SS & government is the notion that people are too stupid to take care of themselves. If you at least forcibly, like SS, take the peoples money, roll it into a private 401k/IRA -ish account. Again, it's private and your money and something you would give away in a will. Further, cash injection like that into the economy from the whole populace. Choo Choo!
        Im assuming this private account would also be doled out to them in small increments? Just like SS would have been. For the obvious reason that you wouldnt have unwise people just blowing all the money and ending up homeless. By the time they are that age most of the people who would help them have died already.

And what of people that never paid in at all? These are just the questions I get asked when I argue that ss should be done away with
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Is it private if the money is being taken from you and invested for you? The government decides where it goes and what companies it wants to support with your money and if you lose money, sucks to be you.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Why is it that ss is so underfunded? Because people use it when they are young and claim disability. The same goverment workers that investigate it cant do anything to stop it. Cut the fat before cutting the benefits of people who worked years to create this country.

When I had to go to the social security administration to prove that I was a us citizen 12yrs after 9/11 to work for choo choo. I saw people just applying for that stuff left and right they even had a seperate waiting area with 10x the employees needed to answer questions in english and spanish. WTF.

Comment

"Oh, I agree, but the whole point of SS & government is the notion that people are too stupid to take care of themselves."

Of all the staments made so far, this one pisses me the most. Before the Depression and the Dustbowl, people were working and saving (Gay 90's-Roaring 20's). There was no Government safety net (SS) and people back then abhored the thought of welfare and assistance. So, the market crashes, the banks go tits up, savings are wiped out and the Great Depression starts.
              Roosevelt gets elected and projects such as WPA and CCC are formed to help and try to get the country going., but what to do with the elderly who lost everything and weren't able or capable of going back into the work force??
              Out of all this SS was instituted. Not as the main source of retirement income, but to help restore to the seniors then alive a little of what they lost in the crash and bank failures and help the future senior generations also. It was then, and still is today YOUR financial responsibility to prepare for the future. My great grandparents, grandparents, my dad, aunts and uncles all knew that and instilled that in me.
              The creation SS was not a stupid idea. Sadly, our Senators and Congressmen, thru the raping and pillaging of the SS funds have destroyed our once independent ways and turned the country into welfare leeches and me, me ,me types.
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                Why is it that ss is so underfunded? Because people use it when they are young and claim disability. The same goverment workers that investigate it cant do anything to stop it. Cut the fat before cutting the benefits of people who worked years to create this country.

When I had to go to the social security administration to prove that I was a us citizen 12yrs after 9/11 to work for choo choo. I saw people just applying for that stuff left and right they even had a seperate waiting area with 10x the employees needed to answer questions in english and spanish. WTF.
                Not true, disability is a separate fund from social security. The interesting part is that it is going to be the first part of it to go. Last I heard, the disability fund will be tits up and have to start cutting benefits in the next three years. The root cause of that is all of these fat ass people having themselves declared disabled and ordering a god damn electric scooter to drive around on.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Not true, disability is a separate fund from social security. The interesting part is that it is going to be the first part of it to go. Last I heard, the disability fund will be tits up and have to start cutting benefits in the next three years. The root cause of that is all of these fat ass people having themselves declared disabled and ordering a god damn electric scooter to drive around on.
                  The fucking douche bag dope heads have figured out how to work the system too. They get diagnosed as being bi polar and here come the checks. Can't work due to their dis order. That fund is so abused it is not even funny.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Couple questions. What makes you think it will be the first to go. Next one. Everyone keeps saying ss will eventually die. But what keeps them from just raising the tax more and more to cover it? They dont seem to have a problem with raising it so far
                    WH

Comment

It's my money and I want it now.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        It's my money and I want it now.
                        Uncle Sam Wentworth?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Uncle Sam Wentworth?
                          Bra. Vo.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            The fucking douche bag dope heads have figured out how to work the system too. They get diagnosed as being bi polar and here come the checks. Can't work due to their dis order. That fund is so abused it is not even funny.
                            I have an alcoholic in my family that claims bipolar disability (drunk/not drunk) and he still drains my grandparents who actually worked their whole lives. I don't give a fuck if he is mental his dumbass can work a shovel or push a mower.

Comment

I wish the Gov would re-institute the WPA and CCC..
                              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                                Why is it that ss is so underfunded?
                                People live a lot longer, it isn't means tested, and the fund was once in surplus, so Congress rolled it into the general budget, which is actually illegal under the original law creating social security. It basically wasn't designed for the way we use it now.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X