No announcement yet.

FCC Chairman's Proposal Will Radically Change The Rules Of The Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the end of the day, it passed, and it passed because of the overwhelmingly shitty practices of the "free market companies" fucking people over. I love it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      That's the only reason I do it.

Hook, line, and sinker. What's that old saying about a sucker born every minute? Ah, fairness. That old government mainstay. Its served their ends very well for a long time now.

Not to mention they're constitutionally incapable of looking at history. Or if they look at it, they're constitutionally incapable of understanding that it repeats at any given opportunity. Thus, the government is indeed looking to stick its big long D right up their A. But intentions! Intentions! Good intentions!! The road to their distopia is paved with them.
      I understand a lot of the concern when the government gets involved. The possibility they could fuck things up is always there. Where's this same concern when the ISPs are currently (not possibly) fucking things up, that's what I don't understand. Comcast does not have you, the consumer's, best interest in mind. This doesn't have anything to do with fairness or intentions, it's about things that are currently happening.

There's the concept of vote with your dollars in these cases. And I wholly support that, when possible. It becomes a problem when these companies become monopolies and the service they provide is a necessity. Further compounded when they become powerful enough to craft the law in their favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        At the end of the day, it passed, and it passed because of the overwhelmingly shitty practices of the "free market companies" fucking people over. I love it.
        I watch tv on my phone. I can access my bank from almost anywhere in the US, at any time, and not talk to a single person. I can text my wife an unlimited amount of times, and I can video chat with my son. At home I have high speed wireless connections, as well as alot of public places. I have 500 channels available on my satellite tv, when I tire of that my tv connects to the internet wirelessly and fast enough I can live stream movies online from netflix. I can read live news at any time from anywhere in the world, I can talk to people in another country, start my own business with an idea and a website, and blog my thoughts across the globe. If I wish to d something stupid, I can become a youtube star. We live in a time where people bitch if the internet buffers and we have to actually download something then we act like things are horrible. Hell I surf the internet and watch videos while taking a shit. I would say the free market is working pretty well.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          I watch tv on my phone. I can access my bank from almost anywhere in the US, at any time, and not talk to a single person. I can text my wife an unlimited amount of times, and I can video chat with my son. At home I have high speed wireless connections, as well as alot of public places. I have 500 channels available on my satellite tv, when I tire of that my tv connects to the internet wirelessly and fast enough I can live stream movies online from netflix. I can read live news at any time from anywhere in the world, I can talk to people in another country, start my own business with an idea and a website, and blog my thoughts across the globe. If I wish to d something stupid, I can become a youtube star. We live in a time where people bitch if the internet buffers and we have to actually download something then we act like things are horrible. Hell I surf the internet and watch videos while taking a shit. I would say the free market is working pretty well.
          Congrats on your personal situation being acceptable to your standards.
          Are you aware of how far we are behind other countries? Are you aware of the difference in how much our services cost versus others? Are you aware of Fios' shitty throttling practices, and how they were busted doing it?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Not when you compare it to other 1st world countries. We're fucking 11th on the list of average speed by country. In 2013 we were 31st. For " high speed " internet cost we are ranked 30th out of 33. Almost dead fucking last.

Comment

• "America is the best country in the world!"

Not by any measurable metric that I've ever seen outside of debt and incarceration numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                "America is the best country in the world!"

Not by any measurable metric that I've ever seen outside of debt and incarceration numbers.
                But you insist on staying here?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  But you insist on staying here?
                  I never said I didn't like it here. You have a bad habit of not reading what the fuck I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
                    You can't expect the same effects.
                    Of course you aren't
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

This is because you are economically illiterate, like most liberals.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        Wut?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Tell me more.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            My pool company had nearly 2 million in sales last year and is listed with a broker for 1.6 million. What did your company bring in last year and how much is it worth?
                            What gross and operating margin?
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              What gross and operating margin?
                              7 and 12, respectively.

Comment

Said the guy who has never lived in any of these other countries that are so much greater than this one. Tell me, what other countries are these? Please name them specifically. Name what it is about them, that is so much better. And I'm sure a lot of what you perceive to be ailing this country is due to the christians. In you're mind they're the same as ISIS so, you know, its not like you belong in a mental institution or anything.

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                                I understand a lot of the concern when the government gets involved. The possibility they could fuck things up is always there. Where's this same concern when the ISPs are currently (not possibly) fucking things up, that's what I don't understand. Comcast does not have you, the consumer's, best interest in mind. This doesn't have anything to do with fairness or intentions, it's about things that are currently happening.

There's the concept of vote with your dollars in these cases. And I wholly support that, when possible. It becomes a problem when these companies become monopolies and the service they provide is a necessity. Further compounded when they become powerful enough to craft the law in their favor.
                                The possibility that they will fuck things up is a strong one. If their track record was even 50/50, I think you would find more support for their actions on this board. Also there is this whole principle that the government should just stay out of the way of business. It is not their concern, nor is it within the bounds of their authority to act on businesses in this manner. Yet they do. I agree about the monopolies, and in fact they already are illegal. I've even seen a few that imho should be busted up, but remain.

Crafting the law in their favor is why so many people want an end to campaign contributions. I'm convinced that campaign contributions are the cause of at least half of this country's ills.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X