static through speakers on boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• static through speakers on boat

I installed an Infinity PRV250 bluetooth unit, kicker 6.5 coaxials, all of this new, new speaker wire, etc.

I'm getting static out of the speakers. I don't get the same static when I've removed the head unit and bench test it with alligator clips.

Is this more likely to be a power source issue or speaker wires running too close to other power wires? The speakers are mounted up front, and when they come up through the console, there's about 24" where they are near the rest of the rigging.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Sounds like a ground issue going on.
    Hardwire your head unit straight to your battery in the boat and see if it eliminates the static and go from there.

Comment

Thanks. Should I run the power through a relay as well to eliminate noise from the switch?
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Working...
      X