No announcement yet.

Federal 5.56mm for $180/500 rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bad at all, but beware...my brother picked up some of this (green tip, 62gr, etc). Went to Shoot Smart to try out his new Colt and they put a magnet to it. it apparently has some steel in it, perhaps for the "enhanced long range penetration" that the round is designed for. Anyway, they would not let him shoot it.

Just a fair warning for anyone out there looking for some range ammo.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy some to put in the stockpile, though.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
      Not bad at all, but beware...my brother picked up some of this (green tip, 62gr, etc). Went to Shoot Smart to try out his new Colt and they put a magnet to it. it apparently has some steel in it, perhaps for the "enhanced long range penetration" that the round is designed for. Anyway, they would not let him shoot it.

Just a fair warning for anyone out there looking for some range ammo.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy some to put in the stockpile, though.
      That's because it has SS109 projectiles. Green tip is M855 ammo, it has a steel core rod in it for partial AP. It's designed to punch through car doors and windshields. Most ranges won't let you shoot it.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        That's because it has SS109 projectiles. Green tip is M855 ammo, it has a steel core rod in it for partial AP. It's designed to punch through car doors and windshields. Most ranges won't let you shoot it.
        Yep, 'Penetrator'!
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

My brother and I were unaware of this until Shoot Smart put the magnet to them. That's when I started doing more research about that particular round.

I posted the caution for those that are unaware of this and looking for cheap(ish) range ammo.
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Good price on M855. I just paid 240 for 1000 rounds of 62 grn Soft point.
            2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
              Good price on M855. I just paid 240 for 1000 rounds of 62 grn Soft point.
              What, no link? The cop at least had a link. For good deals, you have to post a link. No link, people might think you are lying.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks Matt, I did pick up a quick thousand for S&Gs. You can never have too much SHTF ammo.

Comment

It was 980 rounds of Brown Bear 62grn soft point. I didn't post a link cause most people won't run "junk ammo" though their guns it's nearly all I run through mine though. I also ordered 500 rounds of 115 grn 9mm for 90 bucks on the same order but it's on back order till day after tomorrow.

2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

It was 980 rounds of Brown Bear 62grn soft point. I didn't post a link cause most people won't run "junk ammo" though their guns it's nearly all I run through mine though. I also ordered 500 rounds of 115 grn 9mm for 90 bucks on the same order but it's on back order till day after tomorrow.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=472415
                    Junk ammo? I am out. lol

I may need to pick up some of that 9mm and some of the 5.56 would be okay for a barter or last resort. Just need to know it functions first.

Comment

i was just gonna stock up on cheap shit but if it will go through car doors.....

i might need some of that
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

PSA has Federal M193 for $325 + shipping for 1000 rnds.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-55gr-fmj.html

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Junk ammo? I am out. lol

I may need to pick up some of that 9mm and some of the 5.56 would be okay for a barter or last resort. Just need to know it functions first.
                          I didn't say it was junk ammo most folks seem to consider it so though.

Works fine in mine. IMO you have a problem with your rifle if it won't run steel cased ammo. It's pretty much all I stock anymore is the stuff I linked. I've got 1k rounds of M193 stashed under a bed but my go to mags in the gun cabinet have the 62grn brown bear in them, except for the Hornaday TAP I have in the 30 rounder actually in the gun.

CJ, What is M193 ammo doing with a SS109 bullet in it? I thought all M193 was pretty much the same. That's why it's called M193 and not M855 or SS109. What gives with this stuff?
                          The link in the OP lists it as M855 so not sure what you're talking about.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Or buy 25 boxes of PMC brass from Cabelas for $168.50+$2 shipping + tax. 184.57 to your door. $182.40 for in store pickup.

They have sales all the time.
                            IMG_0424

Comment

I didn't say it was junk ammo most folks seem to consider it so though.

Works fine in mine. IMO you have a problem with your rifle if it won't run steel cased ammo. It's pretty much all I stock anymore is the stuff I linked. I've got 1k rounds of M193 stashed under a bed but my go to mags in the gun cabinet have the 62grn brown bear in them.

The link in the OP lists it as M855 so not sure what you're talking about.
                              That's what I get for not clicking on the link. I assumed it was Federal M193. I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              X