In search of the best leather cleaner and conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In search of the best leather cleaner and conditioner

I really don't even like leather seats in a car, but when I bought my 2012 Mustang I wanted the Shaker 500 stereo- and to get that you had to get a premium model, which includes leather.

Anyway, I like my cars to look SHARP. I was using Meguire's leather all-in-one cleaner/conditioner. That was fine when it was new-but now I see the limits of a combined cleaner/conditioner - it only kinda cleans the leather, and only kinda conditiones it.

So I will get seperate cleaner and conditiner. What's best? Pinnacle, Lexol? Leatherique? Connolly? Wolfgang?

Leatherigue for conditioner and lexol for cleaner

Comment

I use leatherique. Its expensive but worth it. Although, I would recommend doing it in the summer or using a space heater or heat gun to warm the leather up to open its pours.
      www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

amazon just had a 6 pack of lexol 16 ounce cleaner bottles for 10 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
          Leatherigue for conditioner and lexol for cleaner
          I use Lexol for cleaner and Zaino Bros leather in a bottle for the conditioner. It by far has the most authentic "leather smell" I have ever had the pleasure of whiffing. And it doesn't leave an oily residue..
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Leather honey is the best leather conditioner. You can use it on any type of leather. You can only get it from their website, but it is a family owned U.S. based company. I think they are based out of Wisconsin. You have to let the product sit overnight, but there is no leather conditioner better than leather honey.

Comment

Like Rick mentioned, Zaino makes a great product. There really is no need to spend $$ on Leatherique. Your leather is a coated product. Leatheriques cleaner will not do any better than other cleaners, and the conditioner is ineffective as it can not actually get down to the pores of the leather, assuming it is genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by dtlgxdylan View Post
                Like Rick mentioned, Zaino makes a great product.
                I've always used their products and am satisfied, I use both their cleaner and conditioner.

Comment

All leathers react differently to different chemicals.

For instance, I have a customer with a 2008 'viper green' Audi RS4. The only leather conditioner that feeds well and has a nice appearance is the Zymol TREAT conditioner.

At $31.00 per 8.5oz. bottle, the only car I use it on is his
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                  Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Here is said eye candy. I just love showing this car off, certainly one of my favorites!

Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Warz fart can?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                        Warz fart can?
                        <Does not follow.
                        Detailing by Dylan
                        817-494-3396